Strande Crank Trace

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
s4c
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Strande Crank Trace

Post by s4c »

Hi

This vehicle is an Isuzu Wizard with a 3.0TD 4JX1 engine, it is a non start, I have scoped the cam and crank sensor [hopefully attached] and a know good trace [again hopfully attached] The crank trace polarity is reversed on the non start. Can anyone help me with what can cause this. I tried the non start ECU in the running car and it worked OK.

s4c
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Waveforms

Post by s4c »

Here is the wave forms
Attachments
4JX1 Crank and cam.jpg
(238.01 KiB) Downloaded 130 times

Post by Guest »

These vehicles need oil pressure to make the injectors work, its a heui system. Connect the tech 2 to it, look at desired and actual rail pressure, they should follow each other, minimum of 4 mpa to start. You will need a 5w 30 oil in it, criticlal for starting.

Hope this helps

Andy

Bad Power supply

Post by Guest »

I know it's a bit late for a reply. But just learning, so good practice. Was the problem a flat battery? Basing that on the differences in peak voltages, the duration of of the hi/low areas of the signals. And also evidence of starter draw from the wavey peaks.
Were the probes connected the same way when you got this inverted pattern?

shay

Re: Strande Crank Trace

Post by shay »

Hi

1. Is some one know why is the crank signal miss tooth is different (the good wave is up 12v and the bad wave down 0v)
2. what is the interruption in cam/crank wave is? it is show in crank wave and cam.

Thanks

shay

s4c
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Strange Crank Trace

Post by s4c »

Hi all

I realize that it has been a long time since I posted this 'post' I acually forgot about it.

This car had excesive end float on the crank shaft and had started to wear into the crank sensor. When we pulled it out it had been ground down quite alot.

Scrapped engine!

Regards

Simon