Annotations

Ask any questions about using the new PicoScope 7 Automotive software here.
tazelikechickn

Annotations

Post by tazelikechickn »

Does Pico have the capability yet to add textbox comments or annotations on the actual waveform? I would use this feature heaps in my classes as it would be great to show students on Picoscope without having to export to another software. I am using Pico 7 software.

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Annotations

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you for the post, sorry for the late reply

As yet we do not have the annotation capability as we do in PicoLog

We have discussed this at length and we have plenty of customers requesting the same feature

You are most certainly correct, from a training and reporting point of view this would be awesome for students and customers alike

Rest assured this feature will be triaged for development once PS7 has parity with PS6

I hope this helps, take care.....Steve

CycleImp
OneWave
OneWave

Post by CycleImp »

I would love to see a "bookmark" feature added as trying to find a previous spot in a waveform is frustrating.

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you for the reply

A bookmark feature sounds ideal as this is a tool I use regularly with ALLDATA

How I imagine this could work is by clicking a bookmark icon as you view the full size waveform in the buffer and then select them from the Waveform Navigator (See below)
Image 1
Image 1
In the example above I would have selected waveforms 6, 10 & 15 (full size waveforms) and the Waveform Navigator view port would indicate to the user where they are located (I have used a red square) for easy retrieval

This is purely from first thoughts, could you see this working differently? All ideas welcome

Take care.....Steve

CycleImp
OneWave
OneWave

Post by CycleImp »

Steve, yes, except that the bookmark would be a line you can place anywhere on the screen.
Attachments
20221123-0001.png

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Perfect and got it.

I will add a New Feature Request for the bookmark feature as this differs from the ongoing annotation request

Thank you again for posting and please keep these ideas coming as this is your PS7

You can feedback within PS7 software at the precise time you discover that ground breaking new feature that will help with your diagnosis.
Image 1
Image 1
Remember, if your idea will help you, you can bet your life it will help others

Take care......Steve

picowight
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by picowight »

Whist waiting for the feature you might find the cross platform opensource program Flameshot useful. Screenshot and annotations in one, very quick and simple. https://flameshot.org/
Example :
Steve Jag IMV.png