PicoScope 7 Automotive Software

Ask any questions about using the new PicoScope 7 Automotive software here.
liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: PicoScope 7 Automotive Software

Post by liviu2004 »

Hi Steve, where can we get the 75 version from? I still have a backup laptop on win7 x32 with some software which cannot run x64, so have to keep it as is.

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you for the post

There will be an official location for PS7 (32 bit) very soon but in the interim you can use this link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19BNfuB ... sp=sharing

Here you will find PS7 version 7.0.75.8574 which has PD 1.16.0.5818

I hope this helps, take care.....Steve

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by ben.martins »

Thanks Steve,

For those not sure if you have a 32 or 64 bit Windows machine there are a couple of ways to determine which you have.

On a Windows 10 machine, press the Windows key or click in the "Type here to search" box, and type "System information." This will open a new window with details about the PC. Look down the right hand pane for System type where it will either be x64, for a 64 bit machine or x86 for a 32 bit machine.
System information.png
The other option is to navigate to Settings > About where you will find device specifications. Looking down the list you will see System type where it will be tell you whether it's a x64 or a x32 operating system.
About system info.png
Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Ben

PicoKev
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by PicoKev »

Thanks for the mini IT course Ben. :D

Us old gits need all the help we can get!

liviu's post got me thinking......, you probably heard the rusty cogs grinding away at Pico HQ..... :roll:

I have a Bosch DCU130 that runs Win7. I do not want to risk updating to Win10, as who knows what may happen with drivers etc, so it would be really helpful if you could do a similar guide to finding the 32/64 bit version in Win7 as well.

Hope you and yours are well and enduring the apocalypse. :cry:

Kev.

liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by liviu2004 »

If you can access Win 7 start menu, right click on Computer and choose Properties.

I have another question, in which direction shall I start troubleshooting why Win 7 x64 search for updates ends with an error, while on Win 10 works flawlessly?

kona
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by kona »

liviu2004 wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:48 am
I have another question, in which direction shall I start troubleshooting why Win 7 x64 search for updates ends with an error, while on Win 10 works flawlessly?
https://www.winpcware.com/en/extension/ ... nostic.xml

Compatible with: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows 8

liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by liviu2004 »

Is that for Pico 7 software updates?

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Thank you once again to the software teams for their continued dedication to the development of PicoScope 7 Automotive Early Access which can be downloaded here https://oem.picoauto.com/p7beta/download

PS7 Auto Early Access 7.0.79.8988 will be scheduled for release on the 17th August 2021 and will include an introduction to the beta Reference Waveform Library (RWL)

Please note during this initial phase of the beta RWL you can search and download waveforms; however, uploading/sharing waveforms will not be possible at this stage. To upload and share waveforms to the RWL please use PS6 in the interim.

New Features

PicoScope 7 Automotive RWL (beta)

• Prior to accessing the waveform library, please ensure your PC/Laptop has an active internet connection
• With an Automotive PicoScope connected, click on the Waveform Library button located in the left-hand tool panel
• Enter your username and password for the Pico Auto Forum and click “Login”
• Alternatively, you can opt to “Register” if you are a new user
• Enter the relevant search details required to locate the waveform of interest and click “Search”
• Note the search results will now appear for selection
• Clicking on the Thumbnail will enlarge the image enlarge easier viewing
• Clicking on “load” will download a reference waveform only of the relevant channel
• Clicking on the “Book” icon will open “My Waveforms” (i.e., waveforms uploaded by the user)
• Clicking on the “Open” icon will download the relevant waveform, settings and associated notes
Image 1
Image 1
Below we are searching for a Hall Effect crankshaft position sensor for an Audi A4
Image 2
Image 2
The following video will help clarify the process above:
RWL.mp4
Video 1
(4.95 MiB) Downloaded 314 times
Feedback on the design and function of the beta RWL features would be most welcome
Click on More > Send Feedback within the software

A-Z of PicoScope

Anyone new to PicoScope or for those who wish to refresh their knowledge, the A-Z of PicoScope will provide you with an instantaneous summary of the chosen terminology along with links to more information for a detailed explanation.

Thank you to all who contributed to the A-Z of PicoScope, especially Barney and Ben

• Upon opening PicoScope 7, you are presented with the Guided Test (GT) menu containing the “Don’t Panic” button
• For those who have chosen to hide the GT menu, click on the “Guided tests” icon adjacent to the waveform buffer/counter within the header of PicoScope 7
• Click on the “Don’t Panic” button to access further support material
• Click on the A-Z of PicoScope to access PicoScope terminology listed in alphabetical order
• A brief overview will be displayed explaining the terminology of interest along with the option to “read more”
• To learn more, click the relevant link where you will be directed to our website
• Here you will discover “What is does”, “How it can help” you and “How to use it” accompanied with a short and informative animation describing the functionality of your chosen terminology
Image 3
Image 3
Image 4
Image 4
Image 5
Image 5
A-Z.mp4
Video 2
(2.51 MiB) Downloaded 258 times
Feedback on the design and function of the A-Z of PicoScope would be most welcome

AWG Free draw tool (beta)

For owners of the 8-channel Automotive PicoScope (4823) a new “Free draw tool” has been added to the AWG menu

• With a PicoScope 4823 connected, open the Signal Generator menu by clicking on the “Gen” lozenge
• Click on the beta Arbitrary (AWG) button to reveal the Export, Import and “Draw” options
• Click on the draw button to allow for free hand drawing of a bespoke waveform
• Once complete, click “Apply” and the hand drawn waveform will be output by the Signal Generator
Image 6
Image 6
Image 7
Image 7
AWG.mp4
Video 3
(4.34 MiB) Downloaded 280 times
Feedback on the design and function of the AWG Free draw tool would be most welcome

Restructuring of the Trigger controls

Trigger controls will now be restructured to fit the following order:
a. Trigger Mode
b. Trigger Type
c. Trigger Source (if valid)
d. Pre-Trigger/Delay
e. Type Specific Controls such as Thresholds, Hysteresis & Direction
Image 8
Image 8
Feedback on the design and function of the restructured trigger controls would be most welcome

Default tool panel options

For new/fresh installations of PicoScope 7 Automotive Early Access, the left-hand tool panel will be pre-populated with 10 of the most typically used tools (default only)

These include:
• More
• Rulers
• Measurements
• Views
• Notes
• Channel labels
• Waveform library
• Math channels
• Reference waveforms
• Send Feedback
Image 9
Image 9
When installing PicoScope 7 Auto Stable (coming soon) the left-hand tool panel will be prepopulated with the above typically used tools except “Reference waveforms” and “Send Feedback” (8 tools in total) These tools can be accessed by clicking on the “More” button and favorited if required by clicking on the “Star” symbol adjacent to the tool of interest

Please note:
For existing users of PicoScope 7 Auto Early Access, the left-hand tool panel will remain as favorited/configured by the user.

Feedback on the design, functionality and layout of the default left hand tool panel would be most welcome

Bug fixes

• Improvements to the stability of 4x25A scopes when using a DC power supply
• Improvements to EV Guided Test menu with regards to warnings, content, functionality and German translations
• Improvements to the editing feature of measurements specific to Spectrum mode
• Improvements to the show/hide channel feature section when using a combination of active channels, math’s, and reference waveforms

I hope this helps, take care……. Steve

liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by liviu2004 »

Now we’re talking. About RWL, can somehow my credentials be remembered? I have multiple PCs I work from and need to each and every time type the credentials login. Why not a tick box remember my credentials?

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Thank you Liviu for the suggestion which I will add as a new feature request for the software team to review

I will let you know when I have feedback from the team

Take care...Steve