Trace not displayed

Ask any questions about using the new PicoScope 7 Automotive software here.
Mark Dalton
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Trace not displayed

Post by Mark Dalton »

What message do you get in the cmd window when you enter the registry edit?

REKKED

Post by REKKED »

Hi Team,

It appears I'm having the same issues with my Dell Inspiron 2 in 1.

I havent been able to find the option anywhere to turn off the hardware accelertion function.

Is there any other workarounds here? or am i stuck with Pico6

Andy

liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by liviu2004 »

Not comp expert here, but wasn’t hardware acceleration used to offload software acceleration, thus reducing workload? Turning it off seems counterintuitive? Not a long term solution in my view.

REKKED

Post by REKKED »

I'm no computer expert here either which may be while I'm struggling.

I've noticed it operates correctly in Full Screen mode, Just nothing if its Maximized screen or resized smaller.

Mark Dalton
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Mark Dalton »

There's not an option anywhere in Windows 10 settings that you'll find to turn OFF and ON Hardware acceleration. You have to change the value in the registry entry.
If you go the search Icon on the Taskbar and type in cmd it should show you the Command Prompt app
and in the RH bottom half of the search window you should see an option to Run As Administrator. Click on that to open the Command Prompt.
Once it's open you should see...
C:\Windows\system32>
Copy and paste the text below to turn OFF the Hardware Acceleration. reg add HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics /v DisableHWAcceleration /t REG_DWORD /d 1
Hit enter then type YES when it asks if you want to overwrite the value.
When you want to turn the Hardware Acceleration back on. Follow the same process but paste in.....
reg delete HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics /v DisableHWAcceleration

Since the issue has been clearly identified hopefully it will be resolved in an upcoming version.

REKKED

Post by REKKED »

Hi Mark,

Thanks four your help, I couldn't get the first line to work, however the second line will be accepted.

Andy
Attachments
hw accel.PNG

PicoRandy
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PicoRandy »

Hello,

Quick intro: I am Randy Dillman, one of the Automotive Support Team Members for Pico and am based in the US. I spend my time on support tickets and phone calls and don't post here as I am not needed , but this Intel iRIS issue is something I have been at the forefront since late in 2020 and thought I would clear the air here.

First off, this is an Intel driver issue, not a PS7 issue. This issue affects other software applications besides PS7. There is nothing for us to fix. Intel has been aware of the problem since the end of 2020 and has finally released a new driver to solve it, however, this will take a while to trickle down to each PC manufacturer to be released in their updates to the specific models that use this Intel iRIS adapter. For now, you can use this Zip file attached to either Disable (and Enable) the Hardware acceleration on your PC. Certainly not a long term solution and if I had one of these machines I would be on the lookout for updates via my pc manufacturer (I'm not sure I would install the Intel driver directly at this time). This Zip file will update the registry automatically and has been used by many PS7 users here in the US. This file has been written by one of our software engineers here in the US. Any questions, please ask here or email me directly.

Regards,
Randy Dillman
Pico Automotive Support Team Member
Attachments
HardwareAccelerationFix.zip
(543 Bytes) Downloaded 415 times
Randy Dillman
Pico Vehicle Manufacturer Accounts Mgr

REKKED

Post by REKKED »

Thanks Randy,

Have just downloaded and trialed the fix and can confirm it is now working for me.

I Will keep my eye out for future dell updates.

PicoRandy
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PicoRandy »

You are welcome and thanks for the feedback. Randy
Randy Dillman
Pico Vehicle Manufacturer Accounts Mgr

PicoBarney
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member