fluke amp clamp

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
del63

fluke amp clamp

Post by del63 »

hi just bought 4425a scope starter set and was trying to use my fluke i1010 amp clamp with it does anyone know is this compatible to use and how to set it up ,I connected it with a bnc to 4mm banana converter but the readings are not correct cheers del

PicoKev
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: fluke amp clamp

Post by PicoKev »

You say "the readings are not correct".... In what way?

All clamps output a small voltage with an equivalency ratio its a simple conversion from the voltage to amps and the ratio will be in the the clamps specs.

See previous post HERE

Kev.

del63

Post by del63 »

thanks picokev ,the clamp puts out 1mv/amp the when i first tried it was displaying on the scope a pattern about an inch wide with a lot of hash without measuring anything on a 1 volt scale tried it again on a 500mv scale , what would be the best to set it at cheers del

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by ben.martins »

Hello del63,

Considering you have the 4425A it would be worthwhile activating the 20kHz bandwidth limit, this is also try for all current clamps as this is typically the max bandwidth available. More on bandwidth limit can be found here - https://www.picoauto.com/library/training/filtering.

The fluke clamp you are using is capable of measuring up to 1000A. If your scale is 1mV/Amp then to get the full resolution you will need to be on the +-1V scale.

You could also create a custom probe in PicoScope 6 which would then put the units of this in Amps. There is a great video from Keith Perkins which can be seen here - https://youtu.be/KnZ99fDOGs8

I hope this helps and if you need any further support please let us know.

Kind regards

Ben

del63

Post by del63 »

hi thanks ben ,i found the a couple of videos on setting custom probes and i have my fluke 1000 amp and snap-on 60/20 amp clamps custom probes created and working fine cheers del.

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by ben.martins »

Hi Del,

Glad you're up and running now. If you need any further support please let us know.

Kind regards

Ben