Change Time Base

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, what you do, and tell us your
experience with our automotive products.
johnwick6

Re: Change Time Base

Post by johnwick6 »

To get me started. Could I start with a 2204a scope. I know they are 20v. Where trucks are 24v

MALIK66

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you for the posts and the recent reply which has highlighted the original discussion of either a tutorial for time aligning captures plotted on different time bases or adjustments to the time base itself

I will raise a New Feature Request for discussion with the software teams.

A video tutorial in the interim sounds perfect and I will add this for creation in my calendar ASAP

Regarding the 2204 in Auto Applications, could you have a read through these forum posts:

viewtopic.php?p=87821#p87821
viewtopic.php?p=97926#p97926
topic22973.html
topic22967.html

I hope this helps, take care.....Steve

PaulW
OneWave
OneWave

Post by PaulW »

johnwick6 wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:00 pm
To get me started. Could I start with a 2204a scope. I know they are 20v. Where trucks are 24v

MALIK66
I believe you would just use attenuators on your probes and should be ok. Look up how to change probe settings if need be. I would advise to stay away from stepped up voltages on the 24v system until you get use to the 2204a.

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you for the continued posts.

Just following up on the original thread suggesting time base adjustments; the following videos describe how to use a number of PicoScope features in order to correlate events between waveforms utilizing a different time base.

The PicoScope features include:
• Pico Reference Waveform Library (RWL)
• Reference waveforms
• Delay
• Scale
• Offset
• Views
• Viewports

Example 1: Downloading a waveform captured on a longer time base than your original capture
Below we have the original capture at 20 ms/div and our downloaded waveforms @ 200 ms/div
Image 1
Image 1
See video here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X1QOcg ... sp=sharing

Example 2: Downloading a waveform captured on a shorter time base than your original capture
Below we have the original capture at 200 ms/div and our downloaded waveforms @ 20 ms/div
Image 2
Image 2
See video here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WsovD6 ... sp=sharing

I hope this helps, take care……..Steve