Filling a gap in Devon & the South West

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, what you do, and tell us your
experience with our automotive products.
DevonAutos

Filling a gap in Devon & the South West

Post by DevonAutos »

Afternoon all, a new user here!

I'm Anthony, 31 and 3/4's, originally from Reading but now live in Exeter, Devon/UK and run an independent motor sales forecourt, Devon Automobiles Limited. After being in the main dealer trade for 6-7 years, I decided 2 years ago to start up alone and get away from the corporate greed/lack of immediate action/care and in-ability to be flexible. Business has been going fantastically, and with every sale we (the "we" means me...) service, MOT and warrant every vehicle sold to as high a standard as possible. :D

As we all know, things can go wrong. Sometimes when we first get the car (be it from an auction or private seller) or most of the time, 5 minutes after the customer has driven off down the road. :evil:

Now, I have a pretty good/general understanding of most things mechanical, engine rebuilds, oil pressure testing, anything mechanical drivetrain related, but the electrical side was where I was more of a code reader & parts changer, not a diagnostics technician. Computer says no? Ok, well, here is a part that you can say yes too... Still says no? Here is some more parts... My motor factors love me. :D But over the past 3 weeks, ive been watching more and more YouTube on people diagnosing issues I have come across using scopes/advanced diagnostics equipment, and after trying to find someone that has more electrical knowledge than me locally (mainly to diagnose stupid faults with timing sync issues on the HORRID Peugeot/BMW Prince engine), I have noticed the total lack of a PROPER diagnostics technician in the South West of the UK. This INCLUDES main dealers... (tbh, they are still worse than most independent garages... they are even unable to change a tyre because "the tyre guy isn't in today..." :shock: )

So... I have just purchased a Pico Auto 4225a with both BNC+ low/high amp clamps(and an Autel DS808eu to replace my MS906Pro), assorted back probe ends, a load of other misc measuring tools and have PS7 on download as I type! Very excited to start getting as much experience as possible, and hope to be able to contribute as much information as possible, as and when I have new vehicles in stock, giving known good readings for as many sensors & engine combinations as I can :)

It's been an expensive day, but this is the beginning of a knowledge hoarding journey!! Let's hope that by 41 & 3/4's, i know how to turn the Pico on and figure out what all the squiggly lines mean... :D

Thanks, and nice to meet you all!

Anthony

liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Filling a gap in Devon & the South West

Post by liviu2004 »

Youtube and a pico does not necessarily make one a good disgnostic guy. For the rest, you won’t regret the purchase.