Fiat Marea 1.8 16V Injector

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
qwarte

Fiat Marea 1.8 16V Injector

Post by qwarte »

Hello!

My friend has a project where he wants to measure (more like approximate) the fuel consumption via injector pulse width. Actually he had an already working prototype with his previous car (an Alfa Romeo GTV with Bosch Motronic system) and while he tried to adapt it to the Fiat Marea he had some issues, so we measured the signal with a more decent tool (Pico4223). The Marea has a Hitachi system so it's quite unknown for us and we got the following current and voltage curves:

Current and voltage curve

At the end there is a quite slow oscillation and the voltage peak also does not look like any other Bosch system we are familiar with. The car is working okay, all four injector looks the same. My question would be, what could cause this behavior and also is this normal?
Attachments
Fiat_Marea_1_8_injector_voltage_current.png

speck
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Fiat Marea 1.8 16V Injector

Post by speck »

Hi
How about a psdata file.
kind regards

qwarte

Post by qwarte »

Hello!
I attached it. I hope it will help.
Attachments
Fiat_Marea Weekend_1996_Petrol_20190413-0001.psdata
(1.27 MiB) Downloaded 410 times

speck
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by speck »

Hi
Not familiar with Fiat injectors but Nissan injectors look very similar. Your amp probe looks
a bit odd maybe not closed properly closed.

Kind regards

qwarte

Post by qwarte »

Thanks for your feedback!

So the curves are normal, or at least not that unusual. How can you diagnose these kind of injectors for example if you have a closing issue? In the "Bosch type" curves you can observe a hump in the voltage curve in the closing state, how can it be seen on these?

What is strange about the amp probe?