2010 Jeep Compass Sport 4 Cyl 2.40L - Transmission filter maybe?

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
Carmelo Labadie

2010 Jeep Compass Sport 4 Cyl 2.40L - Transmission filter maybe?

Post by Carmelo Labadie »

I fired up my 2010 jeep compass (yeah, I know), and put it in reverse. It barely moved. Put it to the floor and backed into the street, and tried going forward and back. It didn't rev up at first, then did, but was sluggish. The car barely moved, but got better as I tried to go back and forth a few times. After a few times, the car drove mostly normal, just a bit sluggish. When I got up to 55 I noticed that it felt like I didn't have the top gear or two. The tach read about 4k rpm. After about 10 minutes of driving, the abs and traction control warning lights came on. After maybe an hour of driving between 35-55 mph (backwards to main roads), it still felt a little heavy, but at 55mph it was running at about 2k rpm.
So.. opinions? I'm thinking tranny filter, but I'm definitely not a mechanic, and there's no dipstick to check.
Oh, and I didn't see any puddles where the car was parked and it sounded pretty much normal, and didn't give off any weird smells or anything.

liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: 2010 Jeep Compass Sport 4 Cyl 2.40L - Transmission filter maybe?

Post by liviu2004 »

Opinions means guessing and not something most of us are a fan off. So get your car fault codes read 1st.