Ford transit fails static regen

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
djautos
OneWave
OneWave

Ford transit fails static regen

Post by djautos »

64 plate transit minibus 2.2
This vehicle has adblue (large cat) and dpf
Came into me for failed emissions 0.9 should be lower than 0.5
Carried out full scan no faults found. Carried out terra Clean dropped to 0.84
Felt vehicle was under powered and knowing the person who did look after bus asked to see if ecu had been mapped. So updated ecu to latest software and hey presto dash was like a Christmas tree. Took dpf of to find it hadn’t been knocked out. So sent to be cleaned, refitted dpf and emissions dropped to 0.79. Found cat had been knocked out in miss diagnosis of cat and dpf, also damaging nox sensor. Fitted new cat and sensor and took for a run about 40 miles. Elm came back on for adblue heater, fitted new heater and road tested again. No codes at all in any module. Flushed engine and changed oil and filter, carried out intake clean and got emissions down to 0.64 checking dpf back pressure and on WOT I’m getting 180 mbar so I wanted to carry out a static regen. I am using ids and as soon as I set it going if fails instantly I have done tonnes of transits and when they fail it at least starts and fails after 5 minutes this is failing instantly. Vapouriser good . I’ve even miti vac dpf pressure sensor to let it think it blocked until light came on and still fails. Anyone any ideas. Thanks

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Ford transit fails static regen

Post by Dcunning35 »

Ok is there any dtcs set at present when the regen fails?
Does the application run as in bargraph run to finish or does it just exit you out stating unsuccessful?
What are the egt,s reading , have you physically checked the vapourizer glow plug circuit .?
I'm not really understanding what a regen will achieve if the emissions are high ,is the exhaust not just blocked with residual soot ?

djautos
OneWave
OneWave

Post by djautos »

Hi no fault code at all. Vapouriser good, carries out soot check, and then some safety advise and then says press tick to carry on. And fails straight away, comes up with possible causes, like clutch pedal depressed or brake pedal depressed, I’ve had plenty of transits fail regen, but they always at least start to run for 5 minutes.

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dcunning35 »

Ok so basically IDs is seeing a prerequisite not met so in data logger what is soot load open and closed loop , also the dpf delta pressure sensor voltage at ign on , idle and 1500 rpm .
I'm thinking two possible scenarios corrupt pcm locked closed loop soot mass , or the delta p sensor is stuck high.
When you loaded the calibration did you manually enter the calibration number into the pcm this is usually on a sticker on the b post if you message me IL get you the original calibration number and help you through manually identifying the vehicle

djautos
OneWave
OneWave

Post by djautos »

Hi will get back to you with the info very soon as I did a leak back test with pics pressure transducer and was mot happy, sent away to feather diesels and all 4 solenoids failed there test. New ones coming in the morning thanks.

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dcunning35 »

IDs may not be have run the regen if there was insufficient soot mass. Target value is at least 60percent closed loop you can read this in data logger . Just make sure it's above that before trying again.
I prefer using the online regen on etis as it gives exhaust temps etc .