Mitsubishi Outlander

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix Electric Vehicles
Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Mitsubishi Outlander

Post by Technician »

We had one in the other day and the customer requested we check and find his cooling system leak, and he said that the engine overheated and he wanted us to carryout a compression test!

After fitting a new radiator I was concerned about priming the air out of the cooling system because I don't know what the procedure is to allow the engine to run continueously until the cooling fans operate and the system is properly purged and primed.

My boss asked me to carryout a compression test. I could not carry the test out either using the PicoScope or a conventional gauge because I could not get the engine to crank over as the battery was fully charged and READY was always lite. There must be a way to put the electrical system into maintenance mode but I've no idea how, and after reading the Mitsubishi manual, that being 442 pages, I'm no wiser. Anyone know how to carryout these tasks?

victor2k
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Mitsubishi Outlander

Post by victor2k »

Hello,
You must use MUT-III for the compression pressure check,see in the attached file
Best regards
Attachments
compression on outlander phev.PNG

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Mitsubishi Outlander

Post by Technician »

Thanks Victor. Looks like the automotive industry needs to think about writing a software program for universal scanners that allows us to get back to diagnostics and testing systems again. Much of the money/time spent writing software these days is waisted on storing fault codes for everyday bulb replacements etc. The software teams need to rethink their strategies and write into the software what we really need on a daily basis. The MUT - 3 system for a one brand vehicle at £700 is expensive for something we should be able to do safely without scanners really.