Windows 11 and Pico 7?

Ask any questions about using the new PicoScope 7 Automotive software here.
jueja
OneWave
OneWave

Windows 11 and Pico 7?

Post by jueja »

Would you recommend a Windows 11 OS for Pico7 at this moment? If not, how long do you expect will it take until it is "recommendable"?

Thank you.

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Windows 11 and Pico 7?

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you for the post, sorry for the late reply.

PicoScope 7 for Windows 11 has under gone testing here at Pico with no reported issues

With that said, only "deep-dive" testing in the real world will shake out any anomalies we cannot predict or test.

For anyone using Windows 11 at the coal face with PS7 or PD, feedback would be most welcome

Take care.....Steve

jueja
OneWave
OneWave

Post by jueja »

Thank you Steve. I'll give it a go and feed back.

Fretenborough

Post by Fretenborough »

I just bought a new laptop running Windows 11. It will not properly install the Pico scope driver. I called into tech support and was told there is nothing they can do for me at this time. I wish I would've known. Now I am without a scope until this is fixed or I by another laptop running Windows 10. This sucks. I need and use my scope everyday.

Martyn
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Martyn »

That is not the correct advice, the hardware and software should work with Windows 11, some members of the team here have this setup, and therefore we should be able to get you going.

Please check the sections 1 to 3 of https://www.picotech.com/download/manua ... stions.pdf and if these don't resolve the issue send the trace.xml file into support@picotech.com and we can check through your issue.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager