Feature request - editable channel name

Ask any questions about using the new PicoScope 7 Automotive software here.
picowight
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Feature request - editable channel name

Post by picowight »

I know you can change the names by clicking on the channel, then clicking on display then clicking on the name then clicking on the main window to get rid of it, but click and edit on the channel name in the box would be much easier - or even right click if you wanted to reduce accidental clicks.

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Feature request - editable channel name

Post by ben.martins »

Hello picowight,

Thank you for the feature request and I will put this into the system for a review with the software teams. Maybe a long click to edit channel name instead of right click?

Personally I prefer to use the channel labels in the Automotive software to reference the connection to a channel. This means I don't have to change the channel name every time I start a new session as once changed the channel name will stay the same with every subsequent session of PicoScope that is opened.

Please keep the suggestions coming as it all helps to build a better PicoScope software.

Kind regards

Ben

picowight
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by picowight »

Not noticed that happening?
But I guess it depends on what you mean by new session. They would be persistent whilst the scope was turned on but on the next job they would go back to normal I think.

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by ben.martins »

Hi picowight,

Funnily enough I went away after posting to find that this was the case as well! It may have been something that was in an earlier version of PicoScope 7 and as I tend to not alter the channel name but use the channel labels hadn't noticed.

Rest assured the new feature request has been added to the software teams list and will be reviewed in the coming weeks.

Thanks again.

Kind regards

Ben