Real time voltmeter

Ask any questions about using the new PicoScope 7 Automotive software here.
Kutech

Real time voltmeter

Post by Kutech »

I have looked through all of the settings and options in PS7 and have been unable to find the Real-time Onscreen Voltmeter that was an option in PS6. Where/how do I display the real time numerical voltage of the traces on the screen?

picowight
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Real time voltmeter

Post by picowight »

If you select "measurements" you have lots to choose from.
If you want a reasonably steady voltage reading on a longer timescale use the "mean", click on the little graph and select "between rulers" then position the rulers appropriately. You can then select Large for the readout size for good visibility.
Unfortunately you can not re-position the readout box so you lose a big chunk of display area
Screenshot from 2021-12-03 17-20-16.png

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by ben.martins »

Hello,

As Picowight has mentioned, measurements with the large view will give you a way to see the measurement on the screen.

You can drag measurements out by right clicking the tab for measurements and then dragging to where you would like it. It can be docked into another area of the graph window or treated as a separate window as seen below.
Measurements.png
I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Ben

picowight
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by picowight »

Hmm Have to try that on the Windows version as it does not work on Linux - stable, right or left click just brings up the options.

Kutech

Post by Kutech »

Great, thank you all for the info. That is exactly what I needed.

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by ben.martins »

Hello Picowight,

I've been successful in dragging out viewports from my PicoScope 7 Automotive software. I'm running Ubuntu 20.4.
Screenshot from 2021-12-07 09-06-02.png
I believe from your other posts that you maybe using a version of Linux that isn't officially supported by us? Could you confirm which version it is you're using PS7 Auto on and we can try and look into it further for you.

Kind regards

Ben

picowight
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by picowight »

version 7.0.80.9125 Stable
Linux Mint 20.2 running on Ubuntu 20.4 version.