Waveform Management - Offline files

Ask any questions about using the new PicoScope 7 Automotive software here.
FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Waveform Management - Offline files

Post by FioranoCars »

HI
Any chance of a feature request to get included in the context of the new waveform online library the ability to privately index and manage a users PERSONAL collection of files?
Ideally to allow the editing of the channel notes, vehicle details etc from the manager with the user needing to open each file themselves (the edits being written back to the source files ... or maybe optionally not).
Clearly being able to search all these, ideally with free text to find it anywhere.
Even search on channel settings (amp clamps etc), Dates, and of course ECU cylinders etc
The user who took the capture (from windows login Id if not from elsewhere)

With over 15 years and well over 5k of my own files, plus maybe 1-2k of others/examples, finding what I want is no longer possible from my own memory! I need help :-O

I'm sure I'm not alone in struggling to find the right file quickly, and I'm sure plenty of others have 1k+ captures too ... a huge resource that some great offline features might just encourage some of us to share more, because management of them is easier ...

Is there something already in the plan for this within the new Library stuff being worked on?

It would also be good to flag and record those already uploaded to the online library and be able to select and upload in batch new files to share with others in the Pico community Library ...

Please can this be added as a feature request?
Thanks
Richard

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Waveform Management - Offline files

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello Richard thank you for the post and sorry for the late reply

We have many new features planned going forward and these include the Waveform Library

Hopefully we should see the Waveform Library released very soon with PicoScope 7 Automotive that will inherently function as it does with PS6 (First step is parity)

Once released and we are happy everything is running as it should, features such as those you have suggested will be considered rest assured (I will file the New Feature Requests for discussion)

I particularly like the suggestion of batch loading as this may well encourage others to upload and of course, dramatically increase the number of waveforms for all to view

Thank you again Richard and please (all) continue to feedback your new feature requests regardless of how trivial you feel they may or may not be.

If you find a particular feature a “nuisance” to operate then let the Pico team know

Remember you can feedback directly from within PicoScope 7 Automotive (See below)
Image 1
Image 1
Any feedback you leave here will arrive at Pico HQ for triage

I hope this helps, take care…..Steve

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

Hi Steve
i hope you are well, despite not seeing you recently, I do get to see your face constantly on all your excellent videos!

I have some requests and feedback on rulers, rotational, or multiple ones, is there already some comments on the forum (other than mine from years ago) so I can add to and even second those being discussed?

especially things like having a ruler for cranking speeds that optionally uses the crank sensor to proportion degrees based on the speed of the crank not purely time, as there is a big difference ... ?

Thanks again
Richard

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hi Richard, thank you for the continued feedback.

This sounds like a rotation domain where by the X-Axis denotes degrees of crankshaft rotation and not “time”.
Other signals are therefore plotted against the rotation of the crank for improved accuracy when it comes to 4-stroke events.

Rest assured this has been discussed and remains high on the agenda for new features once PS7 has parity with PS6

The flowing forum post goes someway to using a crank math channel domain topic22201.html with varying degrees of success

Regarding “rulers” and “multiple rulers” could you add more information here and I will include them for review?

Take care……Steve