PicoScope 7 Automotive Software

Ask any questions about using the new PicoScope 7 Automotive software here.
liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: PicoScope 7 Automotive Software

Post by liviu2004 »

I need some clarification with regards to Math Channels. Maybe a simple one, can't fully recall, but was the math channel for Crank not yet ready? As I cannot get the Next button to be enabled. Are there any other prerequisites to get that button good?
Attachments
crank.PNG

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by ben.martins »

Hi liviu,

Thank you for the feedback. I've just tried the Crank math function on my PC with the latest version, 7.0.53.6389, and it all works as expected.

I'm sure you already have but can you make sure that you're on the latest build. I'm wondering if this is something to do with the regional settings of your computer. There was a similar thing with the delimiters in PS6 where the , wasn't used and so the math wouldn't complete. This might be something similar with PS7 in which case we would want to put that right.

Could I ask you to try some of the other formula such as Freq math but add in further detail. Maybe try lowpass(A,100) and if still no joy then try some other delimiter options such as ; : .

If the problem still exists could I ask you to submit feedback via the button in the software? This will come direct into Pico where we can pick it up and pass it on to the software teams.

Hopefully we can resolve this quickly for you.

liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by liviu2004 »

It worked with ;
It never worked with , on any of the 7 beta versions I tried. On win7 and win10 pcs.
Thanks for letting me know the workaround.

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by ben.martins »

Glad it worked. I will let the software team know about this though as it would be better that the math channels delimiters all worked the same no matter what region the user.

Thanks again for the support and the feedback.

Kind regards

Ben

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Thank you once again to the software teams for the following version of PicoScope 7 Automotive which can be downloaded here https://oem.picoauto.com/p7beta/download

PicoScope 7 version 7.0.55.6592 (Due 02/09/20)

Math Channel Scale and Offset controls
• Open or create a math channel as described in the forum post below viewtopic.php?p=100694#p100694
• Click on the opened or created math channel lozenge located above the left-hand tool panel
• Here you can now amend the vertical scale and offset of the chosen math channel
Image 1
Image 1
• N.B If a channel included in the math channel is turned off, the math channel vertical scale and offset will become inactive.
For example, turning off channel A above, will turn off the vertical scale and offset functionality for math channel A-B

Feedback on the design and function of the Math Channel features would be most welcome
Click on More > Send Feedback within the software

Channel names
• Click on any of the channel option buttons to reveal the “Display” Tab
• Click on “Display” to amend the “Name” given to the desired channel
• Below we have used various descriptions to indicate the style of probes used for all channels
Image 2
Image 2
Feedback on the design and function of the channel option “Display” features would be most welcome

Bug fixes
• Improved handling & matching of loaded BNC+ and BNC probes so enhancing the Probe Mismatch feature
• Improved Microsoft Surface Stylus pen functionality
• Improvements to User Interface (UI) with regards to alignments and symbols so improving clarity
• Improved scrolling of multiple channel labels when viewed via a small viewport
• Progress bar now displayed upon saving a single waveform buffer so confirming the save process has been actioned
• PicoScope 7 now memorizes the “Selected folder path” when saving waveforms
• PicoScope 7 now displays the entire file name when saving waveforms with large file titles
E.g. “2002ChevySilveradoK2500_5.7v8CKPvsCMPTest1_9_8_2020”
• Signal and Time rulers now displayed within the Ruler Legend/Table in order of activation
E.g. Dragging your first Time Ruler onto the graph will populate position 1 within the Ruler
Legend/Table

I hope this helps, take care......Steve

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Thank you once again to the software teams for their continued dedication to the development of PicoScope 7 Automotive which can be downloaded here https://oem.picoauto.com/p7beta/download

PicoScope 7 version 7.0.56.6676.

Improved Math Channel functionality

A number of improvements have been made to the creation and operation of math channels within PS7 version 7.0.56.6676

• The latest created math channel will be automatically selected in the math channel library
• Math channels that are moved from a loaded PSdata file to the math channel library (i.e. Saved) will be automatically selected
• Automotive header now moved to position 2 within the Math channel Formula Editor
• First time installers of PS7 will obtain a number of “built-in” automotive math channels (See Image 1)
• Improve functionality of Math channel wizard when used with varying window sizing options
• Improved scrolling when choosing math channels with varying window sizing options
• Improved stability of math channel wizard during math channel creation, editing & loading
Image 1
Image 1
The following video will help clarify the items above:

MATHS UI.mp4
Math UI
(5.28 MiB) Downloaded 15 times
Feedback on the design and function of the Math Channel features would be most welcome

Bug fixes

PSdata files saved with viewports open within their own window will now re-open as they were saved (windowed viewports) and not redock into the main application window as previously reported

On the horizon

• Custom probe creation
• Serial decoding

Said way too much already! I hope this helps, take care……Steve