NVH Kit

Ask questions relating specifically to the PicoDiagnostics NVH equipment and software here.
Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

NVH Kit

Post by Technician »

So father Christmas is bringing me the NVH kit along with the mongoose :D

I'll guess I'll be doing a lot of vibrating, noise and harshness learning over the coming weeks then :D

Sorry I'll get my coat :wink:

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: NVH Kit

Post by Technician »

So I was advised by Pico that the NVH kit would be supplied with a tracking number which would be sent to me via email, and it was. So upon checking the tracking data the company carrying the NVH kit, that will be UPS said that the package would be delivered by the end of the day Christmas Eve :cry: . OK so I had to attend work and wait for the package, no big deal. I decided to do some scoping while I was waiting :) . The delivery driver from UPS turned up later in the morning, sorry can't remember the time. The guy is in a very large UPS van that required a ninety point turn to permit him to turn his van round on our four-court I kid you not.

So I have opened ALL the steel roller shutter doors and left the remaining glass doors closed to keep a little heat inside the garage. The guy is not forthcoming so I thought what is taking him so long!

I walked outside down the passengers' side of the van towards the front passengers door that they UPS use to get in/out of the vans. I can hear the guy moving parcels in the back, so I'm thinking mine must be buried somewhere, and then the guy walks to the drivers seat and sits in it and then starts to put his seat belt on. During him locking his seat belt into the buckle the guy sees me looking at him through the passengers' front door window, the guy says, "I thought you were shut"!!!!

I said to him, nope I have opened the garage today just to wait for this delivery, keeping things nice and sweet. The guy says, I recorded the delivery as your business is closed!

Closed I politely said! The doors are open and the lights are on, and somebody actually is home :)

The delivery guy says don't worry about it he'll adjust the electronic tracking/delivery information so that I can receive the NVH kit.

According to the Pico forum the delivery is completed via Royal Mail and not UPS, so I wonder if a delivery scam is going on there and they charge Pico for a second delivery?

Martyn
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Martyn »

Don't worry if you chose Royal Mail delivery and we opted for UPS, it is Xmas so we may have selected a different method on this occasion to ensure delivery :)
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

Thanks Martyn I was just a little confused as to why the guy never even bothered getting out the van to try and deliver the parcel! But hey no worries I just need a licence number now :D

Martyn
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Martyn »

Have you emailed support@picotech.com with the serial number of both the NVH unit, and the scope, one of the guys with remote access will be able to provide this as the office is closed.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

Thanks Martyn, no not yet I'll do this after New Year now. I'm a bit under the weather at the moment with a virus. :cry:

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

Today I've been thinking with regards the noise issues I've been experiencing with my equipment, what minimum standard Notebook, laptop (Something small) can I use purely for the NVH kit out on road tests. I'd prefer something standalone for the NVH use.

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

Just an update on the NVH kit in use. I'm not sure the mongoose or for some other reason the vehicle speed does not seem to be recording. I have changed over from Km/h to MPH and that shows OK on the NVH screen but I can't see any record of MPH?

Also, the mongoose does not pick up the VIN from a vehicle either?