NVH software display modes

Ask questions relating specifically to the PicoDiagnostics NVH equipment and software here.
Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

NVH software display modes

Post by Technician »

When the Record and Analyse tab is selected along with the bar graph menu, the relative vibration indices ALL can be viewed at the upper screen area completely. The time chart when set to 500 seconds also displays ALL data for that time period, however, if vibrations are added that are not displayed as standard, i.e. Water pump, alternator, power steering, AC etc, then these items are listed within the same column of data continuing on at the lower section. The problem with this to me is that I can't always compare live data at a glance on the screen because I need to manually adjust the length of the column to see the data but then loose the data at the upper area, and if I wanted a screen shot of the data, I'd have to take two screen shots, which obviously could be completed in one screen shot. To the right hand side of ChA and ChB there is ample room not used that could allow all the data to be readily available and viewable at a glance on screen.

Also worthy of note I think is the fixed positioning of the engine speed rpm and mph in the time chart area. Its not dominant in its display and if the vibrations are high and dense for a duration of time, then on play back the operator cannot always see or make out the speed or rpm of the vehicle at the time of a vibration occurring. I wonder if an extra tab could be installed in the software function to allow the engine speed and mph to be selected and magnified while viewing live data?

While I can mathematically work out the engine speed and mph from the software itself, the customer point of view I feel it would be better if the software could show dominantly these features.

Thanks

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: NVH software display modes

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you for the post, sorry for the late reply

I am just trying to piece together the set up you describe in the first paragraph above (@ 50 seconds not 500)

Below we have all vibrations in the bar graph view along with the highest "unknown" vibrations

I have had to amend the signal history height to accommodate the vibration order table to see all the vibration orders which are now visible
Image 1
Image 1
Could you indicate if this is a correct interpretation of the initial concern?

Would it be possible to create a video demonstrating the symptoms you describe and I will assist accordingly

Take care......Steve

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

Thanks Steve, sorry I've not explained that very well. Referring to your image 1 you have two columns of data. Looking at the left hand column with tyres, driveshafts etc listed, you can see that you have all data listed in one column and no "scroll bar" on the right hand side of the column of data. Now when "Unknown vibrations" are not selected the right hand side column is shown as a blank unused screen. So what I was thinking was this...

When the left hand column of data uses a scroll bar because the list is too long to fit on the screen, would it be possible for the unseen data to be carried over to the right hand column so that ALL data is visisble on screen?

What do you think?

Thanks

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Thank you again for the feedback

I have logged a new feature request for the software team to review

Take care....Steve

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

Thanks Steve.

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

Sorry to be a pain, but another feature request please!

When the frequency tab is depressed the upper screen area "Record and Analyse" displays vibration indices and noise levels (SPL). Along the horizontal axis manual cursors are used to show a vibration frequency, acceleration force and SPL. As it is a manual vertical cursor I have found that if a given vibration occurred at lets say 86.2 Hz, then manually adjusting the cursors to a specific frequency such as 86.2 is somewhat difficult if not impossible. If a professional report were being prepared for professional reasons then the data would appear incorrect to the persons viewing such data. That said a good feature request to solve this problem would be to allow the mouse cursor to click on the vertical dotted line at a given frequency and allow us to manually type in and adjust the frequency, i.e. 86.2 Hz typed in to read 86.3 Hz as an example.

I hope I've explained the above okay!

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you for the post

NOT A PAIN AT ALL

If you are asking for a feature then I am sure others are thinking the same too

I will mark this forum post and convert into a new feature request for the software teams to triage

Thank you again for taking the time to feedback and help improve our software

Take care.....Steve

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello again, just a quick follow up to let you know this has been documented as a New Feature Request and will be triaged accordingly

Thank you again and a nice suggestion too

Take care......Steve

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

Thank you Steve.