PicoScope 4425A with xentry scope software

Ask any non-NVH related questions about using PicoDiagnostics software here.
Julius Nolin
OneWave
OneWave

PicoScope 4425A with xentry scope software

Post by Julius Nolin »

Hi, I've been reading up a bit and see that Pico supplies xentry scopes to Mercedes.
However, I wonder if I can get my Pico 4425A to work with the Xentry scope's software?
And if so, how to do it.
Maybe a little sensitive topic and understand if no one really wants to answer this.

Thank you in advance :D

liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: PicoScope 4425A with xentry scope software

Post by liviu2004 »

What does that software do extra for you?

Julius Nolin
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Julius Nolin »

Hi, nothing more than I'm curious.
The dealer uses xentry computers and brags that you can use "their" xentry scope, which is really a Pico scope.

Iver
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Iver »

Hi, nothing more than I'm curious.
It is essentially the same product Branded as Xentry.

A great complement to PICO that Mercedes and other Prestige Manufacturers choose Pico as the supplier for their Scope and Software. I guess the will lock their software to use only the Xentry product on their proprietary software, the integration will have advantages within the Mercedes Network and only in the network for Warranty & Support tickets to their Technical Support Systems.

Moving on, I very much doubt if your 4425 is inferior in any way when it comes to taking measurements in the workshop.

I heard a rumour that BNC+ and PICO 7 came about purely as a demand from Mercedes. They wanted it that way. Again it was a rumour.

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by ben.martins »

Hello Julius,

I can confirm that the Xentry software will not work with your generic 4425A. The software is locked for use only with the genuine Xentry scope.

We are honoured that a large number of vehicle manufacturers choose Pico as their measurement solution. I was fortunate to learn this when starting at a Toyota dealership as having a scope to assist with diagnosis made my job a little easier.

Kind regards

Ben

Julius Nolin
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Julius Nolin »

Hello,
Thanks for the reply and I'm impressed with how easy it is to get answers through your forum.
I suspect this was the case but I had to ask :lol:
MVH Julius