buying used 4425A

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
yukei

buying used 4425A

Post by yukei »

buying a petty new used 4425A.not very good price . most accessories and pnc+ cable not been open..
Question how can I check if the scope is in working condition? and can i re register new account with used scope?
last I don’t want to buy any stolen good .. any how i can check serial # ?
thank you

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: buying used 4425A

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you for the post

The Model number of the scope would be important as there may well be a suffix after "4425A" e.g. 4425A-011

The suffix (-011 above) indicates the scope is not a generic device and intended for VM use with potentially VM software. If so, we must ask why is a VM scope for sale?

Could I ask in which country is the 4425A for sale?

If the seller can send you a psdata file captured using the 4425A you can use PS7 to find the Model and Serial number of the device for sale (Assuming they are being open and honest with the file they send) See image below
Image 1
Image 1
If you are in communication with the customer, would they be prepared to remote screen share with you to demonstrate the scope functionally and connectivity of all BNC+ probes? (BNC+ probes not opened sounds odd!)

Rest assured, if this is a genuine sale, the device will function with generic software and you will be able to access the RWL and benefit from all the Pico automotive features as a result.

When you mentioned "can i re register new account with used scope?", you do not need to register the scope for access to Pico Auto Software/RWL but you would for access to NVH

I think my final thought would be to ask, why is the device for sale and do they have the original invoice of purchase?

I hope this helps, take care.....Steve

yukei

Post by yukei »

Thank you for replay Steve !
very appreciated you put all super help Pico videos at youtube !
The unit is in Canada . Seller bought PQ178 authentic dealer(interworld) with invoice . he message me me the invoice and couple photos with unit .. I will try to meet him next weekend in person ..
Thank you

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Thank you for the feedback, it is much appreciated by all here at Pico

Great news regarding the PicoScope kit as this sounds authentic and good you are in contact with the seller who can also provide the relevant invoice

Good luck and I hope it works out

Take care.....Steve