Hello new to the forum

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, what you do, and tell us your
experience with our automotive products.
RB26COUPE

Hello new to the forum

Post by RB26COUPE »

Hello,
I am looking at the 4 channel standard scope kit. I am an automotive technician and have never used a scope. I know it's sad, but I am trying to better myself in the diagnostic field. I currently have my personal car that is having cam and crank sync issues. I'm looking to scope both cam sensors and the crank sensor to determine the fault instead of replacing the sensor for $100 a a piece. I was wanting to get advise on any if of additional accessories to purchase while purchasing the kit. As well of any really good dealers to buy from in the Unites States. Last but not least how do you guys/gals like the kit.

Thanks,
Marcus

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Hello new to the forum

Post by Autonerdz »

As well of any really good dealers to buy from in the Unites States.
Hi Marcus,

One word. Autonerdz

We are the originals, having introduced PicoScope to the automotive industry in North America over a decade ago and remain the PicoScope automotive authority on the continent. Our custom kits do contain additional hardware contents but, more importantly, an Autonerdz Picogroup resources access membership:

http://www.autonerdz.com/cgi/yabb2/YaBB ... 1336513824

We encourage you to shop around but you have not looked into PicoScope for automotive until you have talked to us.

Most of our members are professional techs and educators but we do have a few 'hobbyists' as well as pros who began with us never having used a scope before. All are a bit overwhelmed when they first experience a PicoScope but, with some study and practice, this quickly evolves to excitement and then also proficiency. We give you the tools to help make that happen. We don't just supply equipment, we provide the total experience.

Tom Roberts
http://www.autonerdz.com/

Dave Hill
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dave Hill »

RB26COUPE wrote:Hello,
I am looking at the 4 channel standard scope kit. I am an automotive technician and have never used a scope. I know it's sad, but I am trying to better myself in the diagnostic field. I currently have my personal car that is having cam and crank sync issues. I'm looking to scope both cam sensors and the crank sensor to determine the fault instead of replacing the sensor for $100 a a piece. I was wanting to get advise on any if of additional accessories to purchase while purchasing the kit. As well of any really good dealers to buy from in the Unites States. Last but not least how do you guys/gals like the kit.

Thanks,
Marcus
Hi Marcus

As you are resident in the US, then I think Autonerdz is a "No brainer"

Actually I would recommend Autonerdz to anyone worldwide, as there doesn't appear to be a provider equal to that of Tom Roberts & his organisation.

The initial investment may seem out of reach for a newcomer, but once you get more involved with the complexities of the subject, then the true value of the unique level of support that the Autonerdz crew delivers, becomes clear.

If you value your time & want to progress in this field, then Tom will see you right!

:D

PS I didn't buy my Pico from Tom & I have often wished that I had! My opinion is based on what I have witnessed & read over the years since I got hooked on Pico.

Good luck & enjoy the experience!

RB26COUPE

Post by RB26COUPE »

Thanks guys for the replies.
Autonerdz can you pm about a price and what your kit offers. I was interested in the 4 channel standard scope kit. Looking forward to picking one up and being involved in this forum.
Thanks