Latest RC

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Latest RC

Post by Robski »

Where's the channel labels gone :?:

I can only get them to appear by opening a saved file where i had them set, click 'notes' & just notes box opens :?:

They are denoted on the tool bar but no green arrow to get them up .

This was in demo mode .............

TimF

Re: Latest RC

Post by TimF »

What screen resolution are you using?
In the latest version there is also a 'Channel Labels' button on the bottom toolbar but there is a chance that it may have been cut off if you're using a low resolution.

Tim

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

Tim

same screen res as all the other versions ??

what should it be for this RC ?

PicoKev
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by PicoKev »

2014-02-10_1359.png
All seems to work OK for me :D :D

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

Good for you Kev !

It's not for me, same screen res as i have always had 1024X768 (desktop)
No_channel labels.JPG

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

1280X800 (laptop), but why are the channel letters not colour coded ??

I sometimes wish i had left well alone & not updated ......... back to the previous install without the phase markers (or a Tiepie) i think & carry on using just the time rulers :x
CH_labels_lappy.JPG
So why the screen resolution change Pico team ?

TimF

Post by TimF »

The screen resolution hasn't changed. In the previous version, the green icon next to 'Notes' would open the notes and channel labels. This was confusing so we split it into two options. There is a click-able icon for Notes and one for 'Channel Labels'.

In your previous two screenshots You can see in one of them the green click-able icon for 'Channel Labels' has been cropped off as it couldn't fit on the window. The incorrect colours is a bug which we're looking in to. On 1200x800 resolution you should be able to see the icon by maximising the window.

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

TimF wrote:The screen resolution hasn't changed. In the previous version, the green icon next to 'Notes' would open the notes and channel labels. This was confusing so we split it into two options. There is a click-able icon for Notes and one for 'Channel Labels'.

In your previous two screenshots You can see in one of them the green click-able icon for 'Channel Labels' has been cropped off as it couldn't fit on the window. The incorrect colours is a bug which we're looking in to. On 1200x800 resolution you should be able to see the icon by maximising the window.
Tim

I am aware of the green arrow to pull up the channel labels box, i posted the 2X screen shots to show how screen resolution made a difference.
My question is, why should i have to alter it on my desktop just to use what i have already been using in previous versions ?

I am always reluctant to update these days because one thing seems to get fixed/added & something else in the software pays for it .

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

My question is, why should i have to alter it on my desktop just to use what i have already been using in previous versions ?
Anyone ?

TimF

Post by TimF »

Robski wrote:I am aware of the green arrow to pull up the channel labels box, i posted the 2X screen shots to show how screen resolution made a difference.
Sorry, it wasn't obvious from your posts that you already knew how to access the feature.
Robski wrote:My question is, why should i have to alter it on my desktop just to use what i have already been using in previous versions ?
We are in the process of cleaning up how automotive features like this are accessed in PicoScope.