Pedal value sensor

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
Greg.H
OneWave
OneWave

Pedal value sensor

Post by Greg.H »

Hi all

2003 Mercedes A class 1.7CDI continue to store P1222 Pedal value sensor on WOT.There is no code till i punch the pedal to the floor.Soon as i do that EPC light flashing on dash and store P1222 again.
I took a measurement at the APP but i'm not sure what's the peak voltage should be
Attachments
Pedal plausibility test. 2psdata.psdata
(3.27 MiB) Downloaded 770 times

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Pedal value sensor

Post by Steve Smith »

2014-03-24_12-50-55.jpg
Hello Greg and sorry for this late reply. How did you get on with this vehicle regarding code P1222? I have experienced a number of issues surrounding gas pedal position sensors where I have struggled to prove a pedal failure given I have acquired similar scope patterns to the one you have posted. I don't think there is an issue with the maximum output, it appears more the relationship between the sensor outputs as the voltages should mirror one another separated by a specified value. When I look at the section of the waveform where you have pressed the gas pedal numerous times Channel A rise and fall appears consistent whereas the fall in voltage of channel B (returning to the rest position) appears to wander.

What was the outcome of the vehicle Greg?

Take care......Steve