Pedal value sensor

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.

Pedal value sensor

Postby Greg.H » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:30 pm

Hi all

2003 Mercedes A class 1.7CDI continue to store P1222 Pedal value sensor on WOT.There is no code till i punch the pedal to the floor.Soon as i do that EPC light flashing on dash and store P1222 again.
I took a measurement at the APP but i'm not sure what's the peak voltage should be
Attachments
Pedal plausibility test. 2psdata.psdata
(3.27 MiB) Downloaded 185 times
Greg.H
User
User

Re: Pedal value sensor

Postby Steve Smith » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:54 pm

2014-03-24_12-50-55.jpg
Hello Greg and sorry for this late reply. How did you get on with this vehicle regarding code P1222? I have experienced a number of issues surrounding gas pedal position sensors where I have struggled to prove a pedal failure given I have acquired similar scope patterns to the one you have posted. I don't think there is an issue with the maximum output, it appears more the relationship between the sensor outputs as the voltages should mirror one another separated by a specified value. When I look at the section of the waveform where you have pressed the gas pedal numerous times Channel A rise and fall appears consistent whereas the fall in voltage of channel B (returning to the rest position) appears to wander.

What was the outcome of the vehicle Greg?

Take care......Steve
Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Return to Diagnostic discussion