I know it has been a while since I started this post. I just hadn't ever figured out what was going on until now. If anything I had gotten even more frustrated while using the scope. I decided to try another computer. My boss had bought me, a new Dell with USB 3.0 to run some BMW software I had. I installed the Pico software to give it a go. I can barely get the computer to recognize the scope. When I started the software it would just freak out. flashing connect device over and over. Best thing that ever happened. I'm now thinking there is something wrong with the scope. But first I decided to try a different cable and presto all my problems disappeared!!! That was the third cable I had tried. Third time was the charm. Obviously there was something wrong with the cable.
I'm guessing I must be a little rough on these cables.
Now that I've gone through this I really wish I had had some way to test communications with the scope. Would there be a trace of the faults I was getting? Some Error log or something. I still have the cable to try things out. Is there some way to send packets to and from the scope, and get error reports?
So be careful of USB cables.
My scope is working rock solid now. And on Multiple computers. I honestly think I've had cable problems from day one. I remember switching to a different cable early on because the cable I had got with it was acting up. The second cable was working, but still not ever really right. Now that I have a good cable and know how well it can run I can honestly say that.
Another thing I just realized...I don't think I ever had the dedicated blue cable. I bought things piece meal because I didn't have $2000 to give it a try. I bought the bare 4423, and then worked my way up to having the whole kit. I bought everything through my local Matco tool dealer. Something I'm regretting now.