focus 2005 petrol injector wavform

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
nick_at_home

focus 2005 petrol injector wavform

Post by nick_at_home »

hi guys
I have a ford focus 2000cc with a duratec engine which is lumpy at idle I replaced the plugs and coil packs before starting diagnostics, the car had a lpg retrofit kit fitted which during investigation was removed , the engine is showing no fault codes so out came the scope.
I have checked the crank and cam shaft sensors (trace attached below) and they seem to be fine.

[The extension bmp has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

But the petrol injectors are pulsing after the main pulse which is timed correctly intermittently about 30% of the time on all four cylinders and can be seen in the scope trace .

[The extension bmp has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

as everything else seems ok any ideas ? is this an ecu fault? would you expect a trace like this from a petrol injector?

thanks in advance

nick

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: focus 2005 petrol injector wavform

Post by Robski »

Secondary ign captures with exh pulses so we can work out the misfire type/cylinders(s) at fault ?

It will be difficult to view/manipulate your captures as this is a forum related to the Picoscope.

Fuel trims ?

Looks possible the injector pulse has gone asynchronous.
Duratec HE_1.8_CMP inj #1.JPG

Karl winter(KarlW)
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Karl winter(KarlW) »

Nick,
Not sure if this will help you. here is a 2003 Focus 2.0L Zetec. Hard to tell but your cam transition seems to be at 70 deg ATDC. Still in PIP high(bearly) window BUT That's probably why its not coding??? The file I have is 50 deg. ATDC. Like I said hard to tell. Hope this helps you.

Karl
Attachments
pico forums 2 0L Focus.jpg

Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Fat Freddy »

I have a ford focus 2000cc with a duratec engine which is lumpy at idle
I could be wrong but that second image seems odd. To me that looks like 1400RPM ???? Have I misread that?

If that is the case you must be using the throttle. That injection may not be a fault.

Really need more captures as Robski mentioned to ID cyl.
the car had a lpg retrofit kit fitted
Depending on vehicle/engine and miles valves and seats would be at the back of my mind for a lumpy idle.

HTH
FF