2.0 hdi rhy 2001

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
ecosse
OneWave
OneWave

2.0 hdi rhy 2001

Post by ecosse »

looking for a known good for 2.0 hdi 307 2001 if anyones got one I would be gratefull, I will post one ive got and if anyone cares to take a look to see if its good that would be great :D

Kenny
Attachments
rhy cam and crank.psdata
(38.44 KiB) Downloaded 729 times

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: 2.0 hdi rhy 2001

Post by Robski »

Insufficient sample rate/sample interval, increase sample rate & take another capture.

Low sample rate = less dots drawn, what does it tell you in the properties tab ?????

arjen
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by arjen »

I have a RHY from my peugeot partner but the cam profile is not the same. I'll see tommorow if I have a known good signal for you.
What is the problem with the car? I see that the voltage and rpm's are a bit low. This can cause a non starting engine. Had a couple of these cars with a bad starter. Too low starting rpm's will lead to an engine that won't start.

ecosse
OneWave
OneWave

Post by ecosse »

thanks arjen if you have a known good that will be great, think the bat was a bit low when I took this capture, I think the voltages may be low due to me not having the scope connected properly, I will hopefully get on it on sat and get some more testing done. :D

got another capture here if you want to take a look though still had the scope leads connected wrong with the earth(black) on one side of the crank sensor and the main(red) on the other :shock:
Attachments
rhy pug cam crank high sample 2.psdata
(1.65 MiB) Downloaded 733 times

Darren Cotton
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Darren Cotton »

Kenny, are you sure bat voltage is good enough, this is not cranking fast enough... As Arjen asks what's the fault with the vehicle?

Are you chasing any fault codes? check voltage and starter......

Darren

arjen
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by arjen »

I have a known good waveform, but somehow it will not upload.. I'll try uploading again later.
If you send me your email I can also mail you the waveform.
The timing in your waveform is not correct.

ecosse
OneWave
OneWave

Post by ecosse »

hi guys just realised/remembered I had posted this here? the only codes were camshaft sensor codes I suspect a correlation code, and its showing no sync with cam/crank on diag, timing was checked and found good when pinned up and is still not showing as sync'd, its still in bits and my customer has a loan car for now and will prob not get back on it till a later date. but I will be back on it, also customer had said he was looking for a new car anyway and if he does get one I will be keeping this so I can figure it out cause its def got me on the run at the min :D