Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, what you do, and tell us your
experience with our automotive products.

Postby LR glenn » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:32 pm

Hello everyone! i am new to the world of pico and im currently deciding which kit to purchase, i have been reading the case studies and i believe the pico will take my diagnostic skills to the next level. I have worked as a master technician with Land Rover for the past ten years so if i can assist anybody please let me know (i will certainly be asking for plenty of advise on the use of the pico kit!)
Thanks
Glenn
LR glenn

Re: new member

Postby Alan » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:48 am

Hi Glenn,

Welcome on board!

As for which kit you have made the most important choice already by deciding to get a PicoScope :D

Its then a 2 step process - decide between 2 and 4 channels. You can do a lot with 2 channels, but if you are serious about improving your diagnostic skills then you may regret not going for 4 channels - it saves time (eg looking at 4 x ABS sensors at the same time rather than 2 and then 2) and is great for things like checking timing (cam, crank, injector & ignition).

Of course cost is always an issue which is why we introduced the stripped down 4 channel starter kit - its the same price as the standard 2 channel kit but can be upgraded over time by adding in the missing accessories.

Best Regards
Alan
Alan
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: new member

Postby LR glenn » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:27 am

Hi Alan,
I have decided to go for the 4 channel kit as think i would regret it in the future if i went for the two! i have pretty much made up my mind to go for the 4 channel standard kit as it has everything i need, luckily on friday Land Rover have added the Pico scope to their list of recommended tools so when i will be going to visit my boss with a presentation of what the kit can do ( see if i can pursuade him to buy me one! ) If not i will just have to treat myself. The more i see the case studies the more i wish i had bought one earlier would have saved my hours of headaches on problem jobs!!

kind regards
Glenn
LR glenn

Return to Introductions