Land rover 2

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
Tim mad

Land rover 2

Post by Tim mad »

Hi all I'm new here! Had Pico for a while and still learning with it! I was wondering if anybody by chance would have a known good fuel pump current waveform and a maf sensor ( not on the same screen!) for a land rover disco 2, 2002,td5,15p engine! Would really appreciate any help with this request!

Thank you
Tim :D

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Land rover 2

Post by Robski »

Why don't you post what you have taken & then there may be no need for any wait ?

Tim mad

Post by Tim mad »

LAND ROVER FUEL PUMP DIRECT FROM THE PUMP.psdata
(5.8 MiB) Downloaded 809 times
Thats a valid point. Heres what i have found. To me the current on the pump is to high and a bit erratic. Hope the file shows up. Will post the maf sensor in a while.

Tim mad

Post by Tim mad »

Also thought i should mention the reason for the query is the vehicle is lacking power, no misfiring just pretty flat. There are no fault codes present as that would be to helpful. If i have made any errors on the way i have put anything across then i apologize in advance.
Thanks again

Tim mad

Post by Tim mad »

LAND ROVER MAF SENSOR.psdata
(3.53 MiB) Downloaded 766 times
Heres the MAF sensor readings.

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

high current/low RPM on the fuel pump trace, is the pressure/flow to spec ??

Neilcur
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Neilcur »

We do a lot of work on Land Rovers but i don't have a TD5 here at the moment that i could take a capture's from though.

Is the pump making a loud whining noise? Does it start ok first thing in the morning?

The MAF capture looks ok, Change alot of these as it's a common fault

Also a couple of other faults that cause lack of power on these, what else have you looked at?

Fuel pressure isn't easily checked on these as the pressure is contained within the cylinder head and you need to plumb a gauge in at the fuel pressure regulator.

Neil

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

The MAF capture looks ok
Which one, or all ?
Fuel pressure isn't easily checked on these as the pressure is contained within the cylinder head and you need to plumb a gauge in at the fuel pressure regulator.
Tim ignore my comment on the pump current/speed & pressure/flow we obviously have an expert in the house !

It's all yours Neil :wink:

Neilcur
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Neilcur »

The maf capture Tim uploaded looks ok to me and i meant for doing a pressure test manually with a gauge it isn't easily done.

How is he going to know if pressure is to spec just from his capture and not a good known to compare to?

Neil

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

The maf capture Tim uploaded looks ok to me
Really ?
How is he going to know if pressure is to spec just from his capture and not a good known to compare to?
Who said he would & how would anyone know what the fuel pressure is from a current capture, or do you think you can ??

KPI's ;)

Waveforms are backed up by other tests, just thought i'd let you know that in case you didn't know ;)