Acc. Pedal Position

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
ScannerDanner
OneWave
OneWave

Re: Acc. Pedal Position

Post by ScannerDanner »

Dundeeguy wrote:Just trying to browse the diagram while having a bite to eat and speak to customers!

I see it seems to pop through the instrument cluster, then through underbonnet fuse box then onto the ECU.

Would these other components cause the track 2 voltage to drop out? The 5volts remains constant for the tracks, and I'm measuring at the pedal. I could understand it happening if I were testing at the ECU??

I'm obviously missing something here. Now starting to think the drop out isn't causing the fault and is normal!

Cheers
can't see the waveform right now, i am on my phone. I have seen specific frequency pulses on a gm etc signal for either the tps 2 or app 2 signal line and it is normal and part of the system. for diagnostic purposes. not sure if that applies here.

GRUSS
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by GRUSS »

Same here, can't see the waveform but if your getting drop outs on sensor 2 then it's just a ground check as Paul as mentioned. Spoke to vx technical a few times about this.

Darren Cotton
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Darren Cotton »

Can you post the exact fault codes you are getting

Darren

Dundeeguy
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Dundeeguy »

Thanks for the additional replies.

It's good to know that these drop outs can be normal for Vauxhalls, so thanks for the info :)

Customer has taken the car back over the weekend and we should see it again next week. The annoying thing is it never faults with us! According to the customer it never faults when driving, only when stopped at a junction and go to pull away there is no throttle response. Switch off then back on and all is good again.

Darren, the exact fault codes were,

P1120 - Accelerator pedal position sensor 1 and 2 signal incorrect ratio
P1122 - Accelerator pedal position sensor 1 and 2 signal incorrect ratio

Dundeeguy
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Dundeeguy »

Hi

Car is back today, but we are snowed under with work that we cant get near it :( My boss got the mobile diagnostic guy to look at it as he was down programming EGR on another astra. Looks like the problem is in the under bonnet fuse board as some corrosion was found there, so he gave it a clean up.

Fingers crossed that solves the problem.

Cheers