Hi from the Highlands

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, what you do, and tell us your
experience with our automotive products.
Valhalla
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Hi from the Highlands

Post by Valhalla »

I am new to this forum, but have been involved with Pico tools since the mid-2000's. My background (as then) was with a major vehicle producer, although I had to buy my own 2-channel auto kit with my personal money back then! I got a lot of use from that kit whilst working on new engine projects, hoping that one day I would be able to convince the Instrumentation department at work that a Picoscope was an essential part of developing the calibration on those engines -sadly they were too short-sighted and tight-fisted. Having retired to the Highlands, I have gone into automotive diagnostics on my own as a one-man-band business; no question here of there being a gap in the market in the remote areas, anything electrical is a problem to the majority of independents. Two years ago, I upgraded to a 4423 Automotive unit, and expanded my 2-channel kit accordingly (extra attenuators, leads, etc. etc.) Although money is tight for such a remote operation, the workload is as much as I can cope with, and the Pico kit just keeps earning its living - being universal across the customer fleet, there is no problem of redundancy of equipment every few years, like scantools. The best aspect of working on your own is that the purchasing decisions are easy; if you can justify it, see the payback, and can afford the kit, then there is no long and drawn-out argument with the "trolls" in the Finance department. :wink:
I hope to post elsewhere with a particular issue I am having on piezo-drive diesel injectors.

Dundeeguy
OneWave
OneWave

Re: Hi from the Highlands

Post by Dundeeguy »

Welcome to the forum.

Which part of the Highlands you from? (just so know where to bring my Doblo to :twisted: )

Valhalla
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Valhalla »

I'm up on the North West of Skye. Pretty much at the end of the road. You are very welcome to come and visit. Please leave Doblo at the bridge, though... :wink:

Dundeeguy
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Dundeeguy »

Skye, a place I've never been too.

A little too far to bring the Doblo, not sure the customer would be too happy :D

Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Fat Freddy »

Dundeeguy wrote:Skye, a place I've never been too.
Awesome place. When I was younger living in Perthshire I would try to get to Portree every other weekend. Great folk, awesome scenery, strange nightlife and crazy women.

FF