FLS idea?

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
Post Reply
tiggerbiker
OneWave
OneWave
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:14 am
Location: watford, herts

FLS idea?

Post by tiggerbiker » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:52 pm

i have ordered a FLS to compliment my pico setup and i had a thought, would i be able to use it to sync carbs on motorcycles?

i was thinking of using the restrictor tubes from my carbtune pro vacuum gauges and plugging them into some sort of manifold and plugging that to my FLS - would that then produce a waveform with which i could use to balance all the carbs/throttle bodies on a multi cylinder bike engine?

Liteace
TwoWaves
TwoWaves
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: FLS idea?

Post by Liteace » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:05 pm

Get another 3 FLS, 4 FLS + 4 channels being used on Pico you should be able to get each carb 100% spot on
DONT SHOOT YOURSELF IN THE FOOT

tiggerbiker
OneWave
OneWave
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:14 am
Location: watford, herts

Re: FLS idea?

Post by tiggerbiker » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:08 pm

Liteace wrote:Get another 3 FLS, 4 FLS + 4 channels being used on Pico you should be able to get each carb 100% spot on
lol, thats one way - not a lot of good for the CBX1000 i have in this week though :) (its an 6 pot engine)

Liteace
TwoWaves
TwoWaves
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: FLS idea?

Post by Liteace » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:24 pm

On that 1 then looks like another 4 channel kit needed (8 channels) another PC or laptop and another 5 FLS, then a massive bill for the owner of the CBX1000 to pay for it all :D
DONT SHOOT YOURSELF IN THE FOOT

User avatar
Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User
Posts: 597
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:36 pm
Location: Yorkshire

Re: FLS idea?

Post by Robski » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:37 pm

tiggerbiker wrote:i have ordered a FLS to compliment my pico setup and i had a thought, would i be able to use it to sync carbs on motorcycles?

i was thinking of using the restrictor tubes from my carbtune pro vacuum gauges and plugging them into some sort of manifold and plugging that to my FLS - would that then produce a waveform with which i could use to balance all the carbs/throttle bodies on a multi cylinder bike engine?
I suggest you read up on how the FLS actually measures pressure !

And may i also suggest a spot of housework on your open thread that there is no conclusion to :wink:

tiggerbiker
OneWave
OneWave
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:14 am
Location: watford, herts

Re: FLS idea?

Post by tiggerbiker » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:57 pm

Robski wrote:
tiggerbiker wrote:i have ordered a FLS to compliment my pico setup and i had a thought, would i be able to use it to sync carbs on motorcycles?

i was thinking of using the restrictor tubes from my carbtune pro vacuum gauges and plugging them into some sort of manifold and plugging that to my FLS - would that then produce a waveform with which i could use to balance all the carbs/throttle bodies on a multi cylinder bike engine?
I suggest you read up on how the FLS actually measures pressure !

And may i also suggest a spot of housework on your open thread that there is no conclusion to :wink:
i understand how one works, in syncing the carbs im not interested in figures just even amounts from each cylinder.
i wondered if i could balance the carbs by tweeking the carbs until each 'peak' is roughly the same height.

oh, no conclusion to my other thread yet - the engine has been torn apart, new (original) camshafts fitted, turbocharger ready to be bolted on, frame blasted, different subframe fitted. just waiting for me to spray the bodywork and reassemble the bike

Post Reply