Vauxhall Corsa y13dt Barometric problem!

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
mteste03
OneWave
OneWave

Re: Vauxhall Corsa y13dt Barometric problem!

Post by mteste03 »

Hi,

Have you access to another scan tool to check the live data you are getting?

Vauxhall TIS has a test plan you could work through.

Matt

KimAndersen
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by KimAndersen »

Hi colin
I must correct my self from what i earlier had said. I have misinterpreted some of the information you gave in your post.The barometric pressure would always be a stable reading if you stay at the same level - for example at sea level.

The barometric pressure at sealevel are 101.3 Kpa and how your reading at 99 Kpa are converted to 3.7 volt in the Ecu - I cant say.

99.5 Kpa equals a 152 meter Altitude Above Sea Level.

To sum up what i have said - so don´t mix the reading from the baro pressure sensor with the readings from your map sensor ( Boost sensor) if you get my point.

The barometric pressure sensor (BARO) are mostly mounted on the ECU board which is not easy to make a measurement on - with less you take it apart.

Regards
Kim

bullstar
OneWave
OneWave

Post by bullstar »

Hi Kim/robski

Following my recent posts thanks again for your replys,

I understand about barometric pressure and say 99 kpa does sound right for my area, Think the reading from my scan tool saying 3.7v all the time could be incorrect as was the same with engine running and not running.

Ive had the scope on the map vs maf tonight and seem to be getting a strange reading I think!

I would say the map/boost sensor is running good according to the readings on the data below but is the maf not right? I had 2 maf to try and one was new and was a bosch unit.

As matt said think I need some sort of data to look at eg; tis or Auto data as a bit lost without it as new to the scope and electrical side :?

Think the pico automotive course may be worth while in my case!

Well here is the data i collected today guys:
cor1.psdata
(564.72 KiB) Downloaded 625 times
Regards Colin.

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

Start again & this time don't AC couple on the MAP sensor ! are you on the signal wire ?
Does that scanner do a boost test ?
Have you tested the wiring to & from the MAP ?

What about the other things i asked for ??
MAP/Baro @ KOEO ?

Actual & specified boost ?

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

post edited above .........

GRUSS
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by GRUSS »

2 things colin, get yourself a copy of tis 2000 from ebay..£5 and then possibly a op-com approx £18

Just checked my Tis as i'm on the laptop and P0108 has 2 descriptions

Boost pressure high pressure

Baro pressure not plausible with boost pressure

The DTC your scanner has read, have you got access to freeze frame data as this will give you good direction. These are prone for the wastegate sticking which causes the high pressure or negative deviation code. The engine code you have said should be the basic turbo setup ie no boost pressure solenoid valve with vac pipes (could you confirm this?) ....maybe take a picture of the engine

Another way to check the high pressure code is to carry out a snapshot/data record using your scanner. Set it to record RPM, Boost pressure and Boost pressure desired/command. Roadtest under load (3 or 4th gear up a hill and monitor the boost pressure) These usually overboost like crazy and you'll see this in the data

hope that helps

bullstar
OneWave
OneWave

Post by bullstar »

Hi Gruss,

Thanks for your info, I have ordered TIS today from flea bay as u sugested :wink:

Well Ive told customer I think it is wastegate/turbo problems but wanted to diagnose right and not maybe, but he has bought a second hand turbo and im going to fit it this coming week.

My scanner can check this and I will give it a go and see what comes up, I know if you put your foot down in 3 or 4th up a hill the van just dies and goes into limp!

Ill try this before turbo fitted and see what readings I get and will post results, If the van was reved to max should the wastegate still have a little movent visable as gate opening?

The turbo is basic setup as code is coming up as Y13DT 2005 model, Could get pic of engine.

Thanks for your info,

Colin.

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

2 things colin, get yourself a copy of tis 2000 from ebay..£5 and then possibly a op-com approx £18
very professional :?

or Colin buy the original with updates & support.

GRUSS
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by GRUSS »

Colin

From what your describing it does sound like a seized/sticking waste gate. You won't see much movement just revving the engine. Have you got a mity vac? or...

The Wastegate is a little tricky to get to but I long pry bar can get in to push the Wastegate from underneath when on the ramp to see if it moves... I usually free these off and lubricate and I've never had a problem.

The basic turbo setup as I class it has a vac pipe from the compressor housing of the turbo to the actuator... The other type has the boost pressure solenoid which is controlled by the ECU... Also very very prone for failing

bullstar
OneWave
OneWave

Post by bullstar »

Hi Gruss

Yes the engine does have the pipe from turbo to actuator so is basic, I will have a go and see if the actuator is actually stuck and maybe just need lubricating and freeing!

Ill give it a go, I dont have a mitty but think may be a good investment :lol:

Thanks colin.