Vw golf 1.6 runs bad

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
hbr
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Vw golf 1.6 runs bad

Post by hbr »

Hello, currently working on a Vw golf 1.6 with an aee engine. This car has the problem that it runs bad while runing idling, first it seems ok but after a while it begins to miss, it looks like when lamda is starting to regulate the engine the problem starts, if i dissconect the lambda it runs better.
I have checked the fuel pressure this is good, did not check the volume at this point.
Also checked for vacuum leaks with a smoke generator, found one and repaired it but it did not help.
Checked secundary from coil to distributor to me it seems lean but i hope that someone can look at it and can tell me if im right.
Vw 1.6 aee runs bad.psdata
(1.33 MiB) Downloaded 675 times

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Vw golf 1.6 runs bad

Post by Robski »

Checked secondary from coil to distributor to me it seems lean
What makes you say lean ?

Is the capture taken at normal operating temp ?

MAP value ? ECT value ?

Fuel trims if available ?

Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Fat Freddy »

Is the capture taken at normal operating temp ?
Has me thinking too. Thats one long injector duration.

FF

hbr
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by hbr »

Hello Robski and Fat Freddy, the capture is taken when engine was at normal temperature, no fuel trims available, no map reading, but have measured it with an vacuum tester and it was at 20psi little bit fluctuated to 18 because engine runs bad and the revs go up and down, ect reading is good also other shop fitted a new ect sensor. The injector duration seems also to long to me.

Avdr
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Avdr »

How do you arrive at a vacuum of 20 psi?

hbr
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by hbr »

Sorry typo, it's 20 in/hg of vacuum.

Avdr
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Avdr »

Ah ok. the file you posted, was that with lambda unplugged or not? What signal does lambda report when the car is running poorly, does it switch at all?

hbr
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by hbr »

It was with lambda connected, yes it is switching, seems good to me, forgot to save the waveform, but will make a new capture tomorrow.

KimAndersen
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by KimAndersen »

It's a high vacuum reading you have - 20 in/hg equals 677 millibar especially on this engine type.

According to VCDS label file 032-906-030-AEE.LBL that covers the engine type AEE - should there with a warm engine be between 260 to 500 millibar of vacuum at idle.

So you haven´t got any DTC !

You could also try a throttlebody adaption. I have heard that there had been some problems with the throttlebody step engine - but it is hard to know for sure.

Kim
Last edited by KimAndersen on Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

hbr
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by hbr »

Hello, no there are no dtc's, already performed the throttle body adaptation also tried another throttle body, also reset the learned values in the ecu. Still runs bad when hot. Going to make some captures of the lambda sensor tonight.