New Pico scope Old school

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, what you do, and tell us your
experience with our automotive products.
fordmasterkarl

New Pico scope Old school

Post by fordmasterkarl »

Hi (Pico) people, Let me first say, excuse my name,... it means that I mastered getting the short end of the warranty stick for the last 22 plus years at US Ford dealers . However, I am retired(from the dealer)now. Although I do miss the technical part of it a bit.(ok alot) I work for a municipality know 8) well deserved.
I have visited Forums off and on and web site a ton, there's alot of good stuff in here. As far as the scope end of it goes. :mrgreen: I couldn't even tell you the scope I started with back in the early 80s. I know it was large and had alot of leads on It.(SUN) maybe. Its probably still at that gas station were my career started pumping gas and working in the bays after school. I know one thing though, It's nothing like the one I use today. 4423-need I say more. this thing makes diag. alot more fun. I have been using the Pico4423 for the last 3 months and can't seem to get enough of it. Yes, my wife thinks I'm nuts and My 6 year old son is going to be the only first grader that know how to evaluate waveforms.lol I am going to thank you all in advance for the help and advise that I shall receive. thanks
P.S. does anyone know what this is- DESIGN East event- whats it about and is it worth attending? thanks

KarlW.

Alan
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: New Pico scope Old school

Post by Alan »

Welcome on board! Its good to hear the next generation of PicoScope users is being trained!

Design East is probably Design Con East - http://east.ubmdesign.com/
Its an conference / expo for electronics design rather than automotive. Pico is exhibiting with its test and measurement scopes, as I say its not automotive but feel free to drop by and say hello if in the area.

fordmasterkarl

Post by fordmasterkarl »

alan wrote:Welcome on board! Its good to hear the next generation of PicoScope users is being trained!

Design East is probably Design Con East - http://east.ubmdesign.com/
Its an conference / expo for electronics design rather than automotive. Pico is exhibiting with its test and measurement scopes, as I say its not automotive but feel free to drop by and say hello if in the area.
Hi Alan, I have 2 log ins one is under KarlW( the one I want to keep- and fordmasterkarl the one I want to delete. I don't know How this happend but I can I resolve this somehow? thanks.

Martyn
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Martyn »

Account has been deleted although I have left the posts.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

PicoKev
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by PicoKev »

fordmasterkarl wrote: My 6 year old son is going to be the only first grader that know how to evaluate waveforms.lol
Hello Karl and "Welcome" :D :D :D

I wish someone had got me started with scopes at age six I might understand the buggers now! :lol: :lol:

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

I wish someone had got me started with scopes at age six I might understand the buggers now!
Post some of your captures & lets see how you're getting on ?

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PicoMike »

Welcome to the forum, let's see what you have been up to :)
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

Karl winter(KarlW)
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Karl winter(KarlW) »

Martyn wrote:Account has been deleted although I have left the posts.
Hi Martin its me KarlW. I think when you deleted my fordmaster you deleted KarlW too because I couldn't log in from either. Anyway, I registered with a new name and password Karl winter(KarlW) All the AutoNerdz that see this-that know me are going to laugh-because they no how good I am with computers Tom R. aspecially :mrgreen: thanks for the help.

Karl winter(KarlW)
OneWave
OneWave

AuthorMike wrote:Welcome to the forum, let's see what you have been up to :)
Hi Mike, this is more of a test before I can post. I have tried to post twice with no luck. lets see if this goes through.I'm throwing this file up too. Then I can respond to you guys. thanks pal.
Attachments
2.4L CAM CRANK WPS BLOCKMODE.psdata
(1.01 MiB) Downloaded 990 times

Karl winter(KarlW)
OneWave
OneWave

Here is a the same vehicle stalled and tried to restart. This engine felt like it had locked down on valves. Later found that it had not just afew teeth missing on timing belt.
Attachments
BLOCK 4 NEW STALL.psdata
(7.94 MiB) Downloaded 967 times