Renault Kangoo 1.5DCI, hard to start,rough idle for 3-4 sec.

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
autodiagnose

Re: Renault Kangoo 1.5DCI, hard to start,rough idle for 3-4

Post by autodiagnose »

Hi Darren

Thanks for screenshot ;-)

Yes, that`s correct, I have now study the camsensor and it`s places on the high pressure fuel pump pulley, in the left front of the engine. I did the measurement on the B connector/ engine ECU so I don`t looked after sensor physical.
Seems that I have to remove some mecanical parts incl. timing belt and check out timing/ belt and pulleys.

Andy: Darren have already give me the answer about cam/crankshaft. I hoped that the camsensor was located close to the cam physical so I could see the time between those pulleys.
See text over, thanks.

BR
Sven Arild

djautos
OneWave
OneWave

Post by djautos »

Do you not feel if it was a timing fault you would get a cam / crank sync fault. if you feel it is disconect cam sensor and try starting engine, ive diagnosed many vectra diesels this way.
just a thought. :idea:

Avdr
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Avdr »

You could remove vacuum pump if I remember rightly to visually check the notch position in the end of the camshaft. Might save removing the belt covers and engine mount etc.

If you need any other files just ask.

Andy

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

if an injector has already been out then take it out again & do a proper compression test.........this will show a true compression pressure compared with a relative one, and lead you to a possible timing issue, the relative test just shows odd ones out.

Otherwise tear it down & just check it once & for all.

The injector seems to be firing, but seeing as you are only on a time base to see just one event then we can only assume it is firing once.........i did ask for more time on screen !

Darren Cotton
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Darren Cotton »

djautos wrote:Do you not feel if it was a timing fault you would get a cam / crank sync fault.
No, why would it when camshaft is not monitored...

Avdr wrote:You could remove vacuum pump if I remember rightly to visually check the notch position in the end of the camshaft. Might save removing the belt covers and engine mount etc.
Andy
How would you know if keyway is broken on camshaft pulley by removing the vac pump, and how would you know if its in correct position?

Darren

Avdr
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Avdr »

Because IIRC you have to remove vacuum pump to insert the camshaft locking tool in the end of the camshaft.

If he gets his engine to the correct place with respect to crankshaft position, and the tool wont fit into the camshaft then it will show up a timing issue.

I am only going off memory though, its a while since I last did a belt on one.

EDIT: Apologies, have just looked at the autodata and the locking is done through the front sprocket not rear end of camshaft as I thought.