trouble using picoscope 4423

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
PicoPer

trouble using picoscope 4423

Post by PicoPer »

Hi,
I'm currently encountering some problems when trying to use the 4-channel 4000-series picoscope.

I have three signals:
-2 0-10V 2kHz
-1 24V 2kHz

These signals contains a welding pulse with length 30msec, with 10-15msec delay inbetween each pulse. I would like to log these continuously for at least 30 seconds, with little(below 1ms) or no dead time.

Here is what I've tried so far:
If I set the oscilloscope to log for 10 seconds waveform with 100kS (10kHz), even on one signal, the software freezes and I can see the oscilloscope 'die'(red light turns off).
If I use the trigger settings with 20-50 ms waveform it does not capture every trigger/pulse, and I also don't capture the delay time inbetween each pulse.
I see the oscilloscope has a rapid mode, to minmize dead time between waveforms, but this is only selectable from waveforms 5ms and below.

Are there any ways to make this work, or do you have recommendations for any other products that would better fit my challenge?

Regards
Per

PicoPer

Re: trouble using picoscope 4423

Post by PicoPer »

The problem seems to be solved. I changed the standard value for 'slow sampling transition', so it does not continuously update the screen.