Confused ?

Everyone loves a happy ending. Share your diagnostic success stories here.
Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Confused ?

Post by Robski »

Is that the winning case study for last month in the latest automotive news letter as the header says 'competition still running' :?:

Darren Cotton
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Confused ?

Post by Darren Cotton »

I can't see how you could have a pico distributor as a contender, Robski...

but have to agree, the competition winner does seem confusing,if the competition finishes at the end of the month how can you have a winner the day before it ends? maybe be if this is an on going thing then can we have a precise closing date for that month and a clear announcement of who the winner is.

There is never any mention of this competition on the forum....

Darren

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PicoMike »

Hi Guys,

The case study this month came from a distributor, so no they are not a "winner" (also there was no announcement of a winner).

Sadly as the flow of case studies is not always constant I cannot "guarantee" a winner each month, or within a fixed timescale.

The terminology used in this month's newsletter did state:

"We will award £200 credit to whom we believe submits the best quality case study over a period of time of our choice"

I agree there is no mention of the competition on the forum, that is something I will look to add :) Although I would hope that forum users are also avid newsletter readers :D

Apologies for the confusion,

Regards,

Mike
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

Darren Cotton
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Darren Cotton »

Mike I think its unfair that you are running a competition that is open ended.. it takes a lot of time putting a case study together and for those that make an effort deserve to know the time scale of the competition. How many contestants do you need to close the competition

Was it not anounced last time as "this months winner is...." Maybe that's where the confusing is coming from.

I think the competition is a great idea, But can we have it on a sticky on the forum somewhere, with the rules clear..?

Thanks
Darren

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PicoMike »

Hi Guys,

I appreciate the feedback, and I realise the confusion.

I have discussed this in the office, and have agreed a way forward for the competition. Please keep an eye on the Case studies section for a 'sticky' by the end of the week.

Again, I apologise for the confusion, and appreciate the feedback,

Regards,

Mike
Mike Valentine

Dave Hill
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dave Hill »

I tell you what folks...

What a thoroughly refreshing experience it is to see such an honest response to an awkward situation.

All too often those of us at the "sharp end" are left feeling like a "spare part", when we feel that we have been left "high & dry" by a tool supplier!

Pico are one of the best tool suppliers that I have dealt with..... bar none!

To see such a reply from Mike, really does demonstrate the Pico ethos quite nicely. And long may it continue!

To add a balance to this thread, it is worth a reminder, that Pico offer an unparalleled product support package (in my experience at least) in as much that your initial investment comes complete with full access to not just BETA software updates, but also "final release" updates too.

it would be a shame if the unique ethos of the Pico brand was spoiled by badly handled "case study" campaign.

Shall we move on?

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PicoMike »

Dave Hill wrote:I tell you what folks...

What a thoroughly refreshing experience it is to see such an honest response to an awkward situation.

All too often those of us at the "sharp end" are left feeling like a "spare part", when we feel that we have been left "high & dry" by a tool supplier!

Pico are one of the best tool suppliers that I have dealt with..... bar none!

To see such a reply from Mike, really does demonstrate the Pico ethos quite nicely. And long may it continue!

To add a balance to this thread, it is worth a reminder, that Pico offer an unparalleled product support package (in my experience at least) in as much that your initial investment comes complete with full access to not just BETA software updates, but also "final release" updates too.

it would be a shame if the unique ethos of the Pico brand was spoiled by badly handled "case study" campaign.

Shall we move on?
Hi Dave,

Many thanks for the vote of support for both myself and Pico.

Today I have put together some explanation text for the intended way forward regarding these competitions.

If you have any queries, please feel free to contact me either via PM, or email (see buttons to the right, below forum name/avatar).
Mike Valentine