6.6.28.1 Stable Release

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
jsavga

6.6.28.1 Stable Release

Post by jsavga »

When I installed this version I had an issue with CH. A trace being above 0.0v with nothing hooked up (same place on the screen no matter the scale (2.5v for 5v scale, 5v for 10v scale, etc.).

After a few reboots and no progress I finally decided to delete everything Pico on my laptop (uninstall through add/remove programs, delete pico folder, application data folder for pico, etc.) and then reinstall this version. The result is that it's now working correctly.

I had always just installed without removing previous versions letting the installer do the work. I've had various small issues (none consistent) for many versions now.

Pico seems to put out a lot of beta, RC and version changes, but if this version continues to work correctly without issues I plan to stay with it for a while unless something special comes in a newer version. I'm more interested in stability, accuracy and consistent behaviors than in beta testing new versions. My job requires working software, not testing software.

Anyway, this is a reminder that you may want to completely remove Pico before installing new versions, especially if you have unexplained issues.

gn8691
OneWave
OneWave

Re: 6.6.28.1 Stable Release

Post by gn8691 »

I have been uninstalling previous version before i update to latest for a while now.

Not sure you need to but i feel confident the software will run as its intended to.

Perhaps someone from Pico will clarify best procedure :?: