Frank massey video

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
Liteace
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Frank massey video

Post by Liteace »

Hi All, Ive been having a look again at the DVD that came my Pico kit, on the second part of the video Frank is talking about grouping components together, he's testing Map, Lambda & Tps, after a WOT, at 15:28 into the video he's pointing out Lambda activity (green trace) and says:

"it drops to confirm lean, stays lean for a period"

BUT completely misses or ignores, where the Lambda voltage rises for about half a second. Am I missing something here, I know I can be a Div at time but I can clearly see the green trace does not stay low

Ive managed to edit the video and clipped a 30 sec section out so that part can be viewed, if you would like to see it PM me and I'll send you the link, Im not going to post it on a public forum
DONT SHOOT YOURSELF IN THE FOOT

Kev
OneWave
OneWave

Re: Frank massey video

Post by Kev »

Hi Liteace,
If you look at the waveform where he opens the throttle, you can see throttle and MAP rise quickly closely followed by lambda, at that point the throttle is released, this section becomes 'overrun' and fuel is usually 'shut off' at this point resulting in excess air which the Lambda responds to by showing a low value. In the real world you have to accept that sometimes there may be a delay before the engine ECU and lambda signal get themselves together and start to oscillate again. Some systems respond faster than others!The very short blip in a positive direction is probably the remainder of burnt fuel before the clean air comes through.

Kev

Liteace
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Frank massey video

Post by Liteace »

Its just a bit strange that there's something there thats clearly visible and no mentioned as to what that short blip is \ was
DONT SHOOT YOURSELF IN THE FOOT