What happened to "Duty Cycle Low" measurment

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
ScannerDanner
OneWave
OneWave

What happened to "Duty Cycle Low" measurment

Post by ScannerDanner »

I was showing my students how to monitor a solenoid type IAC in class. When I added some measurements I couldn't change my duty cycle to measure the low portion of the waveform. As this was a ground side switched circuit. It was important to be able to do this as the "on-time" is the low portion of the waveform. I used to be able to select Duty Cycle Low or Duty Cycle High. What am I missing?

Alan
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: What happened to "Duty Cycle Low" measurment

Post by Alan »

Yes, that measurement does seem to have gone AWOL so we will start a search to find out where its gone.

A bit of a messy work around would be to create a maths channel to invert your signal then measure the duty cycle of the inverted signal. You can hide the maths channel from display. Not ideal but should work for now.

ScannerDanner
OneWave
OneWave

Post by ScannerDanner »

Thank you Alan, I will try that

Dave Hill
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dave Hill »

ScannerDanner wrote:I was showing my students how to monitor a solenoid type IAC in class. When I added some measurements I couldn't change my duty cycle to measure the low portion of the waveform. As this was a ground side switched circuit. It was important to be able to do this as the "on-time" is the low portion of the waveform. I used to be able to select Duty Cycle Low or Duty Cycle High. What am I missing?
Hi Paul (is it Paul?)

I watched your video the other day (on this thread.. http://www.picoauto.com/support/topic9212.html ) & I thought it demonstrated Pico very nicely. I thought the projected image & the way you controlled the scope by with a "touch screen" kind of method was very cool. I want one! :wink: If you don't mind me asking... What system is it that you were using to do the demo?

I noticed that you drew attention to the duty cycle measurement & the fact that it only measures the "duty high". To be honest I don't think I have seen the "duty low" option in any Pico 6 software build. I know the old Pico 5 software used to have this option though.

Strange how they didn't think it important to put it back.

Maybe they will now?

ScannerDanner
OneWave
OneWave

Post by ScannerDanner »

Hey Dave
Yes my name is Paul and I was using something called a Smartboard. It is cool isn't it? I am blessed to have one for sure. It has been a wonderful addition to my class. Thanks for your comment on the video!
I talked to some of the pico guys and they are looking into the duty cycle low measurement for us.
Thanks
Paul