PicoScope 6.6.16 released today!

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
benmixmaster

Re: PicoScope 6.6.16 released today!

Post by benmixmaster »

Hi I havent used the new PicoScope 6.6.16 release yet, but every time I use the filters I found it would reduce the sampling count as well. There was another area of concern in : Tools, Preferences, Power management, capure rate, I use laptop on battery power because it reduces noise and noticed the capure rate was defaulted much lower than the setting power mains.
I have not experimented with this much but figured it may need attention, especialy if someone uses battery powered laptop.
Boy! the filters would get me so often till I found out they were reducing my sampling rate, ya gotta know your equipment like the back of your hand, In the automotive field, There's more than just knowing how a vehicle should function,like if that isn't enough, The test equipment becomes a big object as well, It's just lighter :lol:
:) :D
Benmixmaster

Dave Hill
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: PicoScope 6.6.16 released today!

Post by Dave Hill »

ScannerDanner wrote:
alan wrote:PicoScope 6.6.16 (which also contains PicoDiagnostics 1.4.30) is now available for download from http://www.picoauto.com/software.html.

This release does not add any significant new features but fixes several customer reported bugs so is a recommended download if you have been experiencing any issues.

If you find any issues with this release please either report them here or let the support team know here http://www.picotech.com/support.html#post
Alan
Why does my sample rate keep changing back to a lower sampling (I think 50ms) every time I freeze the capture or change scales? Could it be because I was using the low pass filter? I kept trying to max out my pressure transducer tests for the best detail and it wouldn't let me.
Hi Paul

As Benmixmaster says, it is because you are applying filter options, whilst capturing live. The thing is though, you no longer have to apply any filters during the capture process, as you can now apply your filter to the saved waveform & even psdata files from previous software builds.

Gone are the days where you realised that your filter caused you to miss out some small detail.

As an example, previously when I would perform a longer timebase capture (typically 20 seconds screen time), using all four channels on a Common Rail system. Capturing rail pressure, Pressure reg current, MAF output & perhaps injector current, I would often find it necessary to filter the rail pressure signal, so that I could see the detail. The trouble was that the now limited sample rate meant that I would often loose vital detail on the other channels that didn't require cleaning up.

Now I can perform the same capture, but without any filters & the sample rate cranked right up. I can then tidy the noisy signal afterwards.

Very cool!

HTH