Examining Chrysler 3.3 Engines For Broken Flex Plates

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
chryslerguy

Examining Chrysler 3.3 Engines For Broken Flex Plates

Post by chryslerguy »

Good afternoon,

Until just recently, there was a discussion board forum entitled "Examining Chrysler 3.3 Engines For Broken Flex Plates" that has now disappeared. It showed a side-by-side comparison of the normal Picoscope results for this engine's crankshaft position sensor compared to it's camshaft position sensor, along with an excellent description of the problem, its symptoms, and the codes the engine normally gives off when a flex plate is damaged. Here is the link for the forum post that no longer exists:

http://www.picotech.com/support/viewtopic.php?t=48

If possible, could you re-create that support thread and its accompanying images in this thread? It was extremely helpful, and I used it to encourage several Chrysler garages to consider investing in Picoscopes for this very reason.

Attached is an image of what a side-by-side comparison of the Chrysler 3.3 crankshaft position sensor compared to it's camshaft position sensor in a vehicle with a damaged flex plate.

Your thread (from 2002) was essential to many mechanics being able to diagnose this problem correctly.

Thank you!
Attachments
Side-by-side comparison of the Chrysler 3.3 crankshaft position sensor compared to it's camshaft position sensor in a vehicle with a damaged flex plate.
Side-by-side comparison of the Chrysler 3.3 crankshaft position sensor compared to it's camshaft position sensor in a vehicle with a damaged flex plate.

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Examining Chrysler 3.3 Engines For Broken Flex Plates

Post by PicoMike »

Hi ChryslerGuy,

Please find the original post here - http://www.picoauto.com/support/topic48.html?

The thread is in the "Automotive Kit Hardware" forum section,

Regards,

Mike
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

chryslerguy

Post by chryslerguy »

Hi Mike,

Thank you for sending me that link! I see the thread still exists, but the (very helpful) photos do not. Is there any way to bring them back?

Thanks,

ChryslerGuy

Martyn
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Martyn »

Unfortunately they were links to an external site not under our control and they have been removed from there. If someone knows where they are now located we can update the links.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Autonerdz »

Martyn,

I was unable to use my moderator powers to edit that old post and edit the links so I added a post and attached the original images.
Tom Roberts
(The Picotologist)
Autonerdz