R6 Starts With Error And Does Not Run

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
bgarforth

R6 Starts With Error And Does Not Run

Post by bgarforth »

Hello,
I have a model 3223 model automotive scope and I'm attempting to use the latest R6 version of the PicoTech software. After installation I receive an error on startup of the application:
"The built-in custom probes library could not be loaded"
The application closes after acknowleding the error. I've tried installing the previous R6 version but receive the same results. R5 works fine.
Also, when starting up Pico Diagnostics I receive an error "There was a problem with the driver".

Any help would be appreciated. I'd like to use the new version and also Pico Diagnostics

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: R6 Starts With Error And Does Not Run

Post by Autonerdz »

bgarforth,

On some PCs, the 6.4.64 installer goes awry and does not properly update an existing installation.

Uninstall 6.4.64 and then install your previous version. Then uninstall your old version. Follow this with another install of 6.4.64. This usually takes care of the problem.

THE PicoScope Automotive Authority
In North America

bgarforth

Re: R6 Starts With Error And Does Not Run

Post by bgarforth »

Hello,

thanks for your help. I was able to install it under a different user name on my machine and it is working fine. There most likely is something running that is incompatible with the Pico software which I'm able to get around w/ the alternate user.

I'm running Windows XP SP3.