Weak Power Contacts in ADC 212/3 Module

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
Doug S.

Weak Power Contacts in ADC 212/3 Module

Post by Doug S. »

Ricardo,
I'm having a bit of trouble keeping my Pico powered up. It seems like the power contacts have either gotten weak or something. The battery power cord contact is having trouble staying in contact with the little power contact in the scope module. I purchased a different power cord when the one that came with the scope module quit working properly (the little ring around the end came off). The new one (from Radio Shack) was working well and now it is having trouble also. Can a power cord be hard wired in place to solve this problem? Is there another solution short of sending it in as I feel naked without it. I am using it a great deal and don't really want to be without it for a long time. Thanks for your assistance.
Doug S.

Doug S.

Weak Power contacts in Pico Module

Post by Doug S. »

:oops: I did some checking in both the Pico Module and the battery power cord with an ohmmeter and found an intermittent open in the power side wire inside the power cord. The contacts inside the Pico Module will probably work better when a constant source of power and ground are present. I will obtain a different power cord locally and put a plastic ty-rap in a very strategic place to, hopefully, happily end this problem from recurring and just leave the battery power cord and Pico Module connected for the duration. :oops:
Doug S.

markspencer
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

Please let us know if you are still having problems once you have tried this and we will endeavor to help you.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer