2018 Ford Galaxy 2.0TDCI (PSA Engine) Crank no start

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
kostelectronics
OneWave
OneWave

2018 Ford Galaxy 2.0TDCI (PSA Engine) Crank no start

Post by kostelectronics »

ca. 300 bar at 260rpm
- Fuel is real Diesel
- No shavings in the diesel filter
- Cylinder Air consumption: 470mg/stroke -->OK
- no blocked exhaust
- Car runs with quick-start
- Cam/Crank correlation OK (about 2-3 degree of crank angle off from a known good car)
- Unplug the cam-sensor makes no difference

Now the interesting part: I scoped the Injector current -->Every injector is "firing" for 1 time within 2 crankshaft revolutions. After that, the injectors go into "Engine overrun-Mode" -->Very short current pulse with no holding time. Please check the attached file.
PS: No change in the injector pulse when the engine runs on quick-start -->The ECU doesn't want to open the injectors!

Does anybody have a idea, why the ECU decide to block the injectors after 2 revolutions?
-->
Hello everybody!

I have a really strange case here.
2018 Ford Galaxy 2.0TDCI, T8CJ Engine (PSA). The car came from another shop to me for diagnosing a crank no start situation. The car quit on the highway without any error message and no bad sounds.

ECU: Delphi DCM6.1
Injectors: Delphi

What's already knocked out:
- No DTC's in any module
- Rail pressure OK -->ca. 300 bar at 260rpm
- Fuel is real Diesel
- No shavings in the diesel filter
- Cylinder Air consumption: 470mg/stroke -->OK
- no blocked exhaust
- Car runs with quick-start
- Cam/Crank correlation OK (about 2-3 degree of crank angle off from a known good car)
- Unplug the cam-sensor makes no difference

Now the interesting part: I scoped the Injector current -->Every injector is "firing" for 1 time within 2 crankshaft revolutions. After that, the injectors go into "Engine overrun-Mode" -->Very short current pulse with no holding time. Please check the attached file.
PS: No change in the injector pulse when the engine runs on quick-start -->The ECU doesn't want to open the injectors!

Does anybody have a idea, why the ECU decide to block the injectors after 2 revolutions?
Attachments
injectors_known_good.psdata
known good current pulse from a similar engine
(2.9 MiB) Downloaded 42 times
Galaxy1.psdata
(4.32 MiB) Downloaded 41 times