difference between Beta version 1.9.5 build 2799 and version 1.16.144 build 0

Ask questions relating specifically to the PicoDiagnostics NVH equipment and software here.
pok

difference between Beta version 1.9.5 build 2799 and version 1.16.144 build 0

Post by pok »

We have been using the NVH for several years with the Beta version 1.9.5 build 2799. I have updated my computer and downloaded the newest version 1.16.144 build 0. A coworker said that for our application we should use the beta version. What benefit would there be to use the old beta version? Our application is agriculture equipment.

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: difference between Beta version 1.9.5 build 2799 and version 1.16.144 build 0

Post by ben.martins »

Hello,

There should be no issue with using the latest stable as many of the features available with the beta version you have been using will have moved over to 1.16.444. This version includes all the necessary protocols for working with agricultural equipment where I expect it is using J1939.

You can of course look to install the Beta or Early Access version as well. Both applications can co-exist on the same PC. The latest Early Access version does come with a new UI for NVH where you can manually select your interface for connecting to your machines rather than waiting for the software to filter through them till it finds one that works. This new look UI will be used going forward and will of course appear in the next stable release so in some ways it might be beneficial to get used to the new UI.

It is entirely up to you though. If you do run into problems please let us know by contacting support@picotech.com.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Ben

pok

Re: difference between Beta version 1.9.5 build 2799 and version 1.16.144 build 0

Post by pok »

Thanks.