cant download waveforms from library

Ask any questions about using the new PicoScope 7 Automotive software here.
roadserpent
OneWave
OneWave

cant download waveforms from library

Post by roadserpent »

please tell me who to contact or what to do, 4 days ago i downloaded about 5 waveforms. the next day i tried to download one more - it gives me a window saying that i have reached my limit,come back tomorrow. it has been giving me this message for 4 days now. i circumvented the problem by making up a new user name, but i want my REAL user name to work.

roadserpent
OneWave
OneWave

Re: cant download waveforms from library

Post by roadserpent »

Untitled.png

PicoBarney
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PicoBarney »

Hi roadserpent,

Our daily download limits are 10 waveforms per day or 50 waveforms per month.

Is it your own waveforms you are needing to download (as of yesterday morning you had downloaded 19 waveforms in the last 30 days)?

Best regards,
Barney

roadserpent
OneWave
OneWave

Post by roadserpent »

ok, just letting you all know that today is over one week that i am unable to upload or download any waveforms. i have NOT exceeded the 50 per month at any time in the past 10 years of owning my two pico scopes. maybe i downloaded 19 within a few days, if so how long will i be persecuted for doing this ?

liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by liviu2004 »

It is expected from a business (repair garage) to be limited to 10 downloads per day? Especially when looking for similar waveforms to the one trying to troubleshoot?

Rfmotors1
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Rfmotors1 »

Liviu2004 is right, it's absolutely normal wanted to load over 10 waveforms, even 20 in one hour, just to view if it's that one the user is looking for.
So it's a big surprise such limitation of usage is implemented.
My opinion

roadserpent
OneWave
OneWave

Post by roadserpent »

I am well into the 2nd week of NOT being able to upload or download any waveforms @ the pico library ! Yes folks I am guilty of downloading 19 files from the library within a 2 or 3 day period. And so far, no one has come forward to explain how long the pico persecution period will last.
On a side note, rumor has it that pico technologies is teaming up with governor Gavin Newsom of California to push through legislation to make it illegal to drive a petrol powered vehicle in that state for more than 19 miles in any 24 hour period. If you are caught breaking this law - the california state government will subject your automobile to instant deactivation for an UNDETERMINED LENGTH of time by the use of a VERY VERY powerful burst of a combination radar and microwaves, called picowaves. disabling all electronic modules instantly for a period of no less than 5 years or 60 months.

So for now another shop owner friend has loaned me a older two channel scope to take home and use ( with a different IP address and different scope ID # ) in conjunction with a fictitious user name, to download and give away for free to anyone who does not own a picoscope.

liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by liviu2004 »

Sarcasm and dark humor aside, to say I’m concerned is an understatement. But I’m yet to hear the arguments for such limitations being introduced.

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you for the posts

Sorry for the delayed feedback; rest assured your forum post and the additional comments have generated discussion here at Pico

We are also investigating a possible error with the operation of the RWL in terms of waveform counts and resets

This will take a little time to resolve but we will find a solution for all

I hope this helps in the interim, take care……..Steve

Rfmotors1
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Rfmotors1 »

I have one more comment, a proposal for additional features.

As there are uploaded some waveforms of lower quality from less experienced users, for example missing or wrong annotation, too short timeline or small bitrate etc. (as everyone starting with lower experience)

Then there is many very good ones, with proper notes, with detailed explanation, ofter one before repair and second after the repair. Very valuable to other users, significantly helping with their diagnosis or learning.

My point is if there is a rating from other users like 1 to 5 stars for example, and maybe some comment section, it would help to search better quality waveforms.
And I think it would significantly motivate users to upload more and higher quality waveforms as well.
And maybe even a "competition" for highest user rating or best rated waveform could be implemented.
People enjoy helping to others and the waveform library main purpose is sharing information that helps to other users around the world.
Regards,
Roman