Need to know how much capture time will be saved

Ask any questions about using the new PicoScope 7 Automotive software here.
Tomblueprintauto
OneWave
OneWave

Need to know how much capture time will be saved

Post by Tomblueprintauto »

I'm really struggling here with not being able to see how much capture time will be saved on a given setting.

I've been working on a machine with a VERY intermittent fault that only occurs once per day. I had my scope all setup running on 83.3 MS (the default) and a 5 s/div. I jumped in the machine, started it, captured the fault, jumped out and ran to my tablet only to find that I'd taken more than the 50seconds, pico7 had started a new waveform and was only saving 1 waveform at a time :x :x :x

Very frustrating!!!

I can setup the scope on the same sample rate but use 10 s/div and it captures the data just fine. So why would it not save the previous waveform when using 5 s/div?

Rfmotors1
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Need to know how much capture time will be saved

Post by Rfmotors1 »

Hi, this is solved by using function named "action", I am using it extensively for exactly the reason you have named here.
This "action" function will keep your scope recording until the buffer is full, then automatically save the file to your hdd and start capturing new data, then after buffer full it will save..... and so on until your hdd is full or you stop the capture manually.
Search in forum where Steve always explain new features in detail.
viewtopic.php?t=22097&start=90#p103147
Regards,
Roman