Pressure Transducder

Ask any questions about using the new PicoScope 7 Automotive software here.
judokezza

Pressure Transducder

Post by judokezza »

HI All, I'm trying to setup a Honeywell PX43T Absolute pressure transducer 0-250psi (0.5v - 4.5v) Could someone tell me if I've set it up correctly please? I'd love to buy the pico pressure transducer buy I only 'tinker' in my home garage and just can't afford the pico unit. Any help would be appreciated. Ta
Attachments
px43t.png

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Pressure Transducder

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you for the post, sorry for the late reply

Based on the senor measurement range (0 _ 250 psi) the “Table” scaling method you have included will work but I would add more data points
i.e., Voltage input relevant to the displayed output throughout the 0 to 250 psi range

An Alternative would be to use the “Equation” method as described here
viewtopic.php?p=99396#p99396

Here we use the sensor incline/slope and calculate as follows:

To determine the sensor incline/slope we use the formula:
Sensor voltage measurement range x Voltage supply / Sensor pressure measurement range
Sensor supply voltage = 5.0 V
Nominal sensor voltage = 0.5 V
Sensor voltage measurement range = 0.5 V to 4.5 V
0.5 V to 4.5 V utilizes 80% of 0 V to 5 V supply voltage 80% / 100 = 0.8

Sensor pressure measurement range 250 psi
Sensor Incline = 0.5 - 4.5 V expressed as a decimal 0.8 x 5.0 V / 250 psi
Sensor incline = 0.8 x 5.0 / 250 = 0.016
To define sensor output at 1 V we use 1 / 0.016 = 62.5 psi
Sensor incline therefore follows the rule, 1 V = 62.5 psi and because this sensor has a linear output, 2 V would equal 125 psi and 3 V 187.5 psi etc.

To create a Custom Probe such as to display your pressure sensor voltage as a physical pressure we use the linear equation y = 62.5 x + 0

Now with that said, this does not look correct and so I have tried to find the specifications for your transducer (PX43T) and can only find the PX3 series on the Honeywell website

Could you confirm the sensor and model number for me and if it is absolute or sealed gauged design

I hope this helps, take care……Steve

judokezza

Re: Pressure Transducder

Post by judokezza »

Hi Steve, Thanks for your reply. Sorry for the delay replying I've not been able to get into my workshop. The pressure transducer I have is: Honeywell PX3 Series Pressure Sensor, 0psi Min, 250psi Max, Analogue Output, Absolute Reading. Part Number: PX3AN2BS250PAAAX. I noticed I quoted PX43T....Thats a headlight bulb, my mind must have been elsewhere. Thanks again for your help. Kez